346 xpg - New Edition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be getting my NE 346 XP through my dealer probably some time next week. If they come in as promised. I know you've had yours for a while and would appreciate your input.

My question is I want to get an 18" bar and chain combo - (as this saw will be taking over duties of my 15 year-old Husky 55 which I had an 18" bar on) but I'd like to know which chain you think would allow me the most performance? I cut primarily oak and maple.

I plan on primarily using it for smaller bucking/felling chores under 16" dia., and limbing.

Thanks - - - Al

Because of my leg injury, and Witchys surgery and condition, my saw isn't even run in yet, and I still have the 16" .325x7 21LP setup on it - but it is really strong on torque, so I believe a 3/8x7 setup will be even better.....

.325x8 - maybe, but I have more faith in 3/8x7......

It will surely run well with an 18", but I am not sure which setup will be best.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I was also thinking the 3/8 might be the way to go. But it's always good to talk with someone that has run the saw!

I hope you're better soon!

Thanks - Al

it's a 3/8 SawT

i thought of keeping it .325 but i really don't like .325 so i switched it over.i like all my chains 3/8 and .050 gauge.

i thought of keeping it .325 but i really don't like .325 so i switched it over.i like all my chains 3/8 and .050 gauge.

Sounds fine to me - basically, what a 5100S can do, a new 346xp can do, and vice versa.....:greenchainsaw:

- but I still would want the bar to be no more than 16", but that is just a personal feeling.....

Last edited:
i think it's perfect with a 16"

18" is doable but i love it with the 16".i just can't seem to find enough to cut with it,LOL

Latest posts

Back