346 xpg - New Edition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawTroll

Information Collector
Reaction score
I found that my dealer had one today, even though it is not on the web-site yet - and bought it after a conference with :heart: :heart: Witchy :yoyo:

I don't have the bar and chain that I want to use on it yet, but with a 15" 95VP set-up, you will have to stand on it to stop it - very impressive torque right out, off the shelf.........

Last edited:
You ole devil, I didn't know you were in the market already for a new saw, the saw bug really did bite ya good :laugh: :laugh:
From the pics I have seen, looks to be a very nice Husky. Post some pics of it and let us know how she runs. I bet the witch will feel the urge to come home quickly now she knows you are spending bigtime :rockn:

Now I have to set up a conference with my wife to buy myself a 441 !!:cry: :cry:

PS. I got hold this week of a nice Jonsered 80. will post pics in Magnus' forum tomorrow.

I found that my dealer had one today, even though it is not on the web-site yet - and bought it after a conference with :heart: :heart: Witchy :yoyo:

I don't have the bar and chain that I want to use on it yet, but with a 15" 95VP set-up, you will have to stand on it to stop it - very impressive torque right out, off the shelf.........

Hey! Thats your 4:th new saw in 10 months, and 3 of them at Scandinavian prices... You have it bad, real bad.

Can we look forward to pics and a report soon? Also, have you tried an old one so that you can compare them?

Pics are shot, but I am alone here at the cottage today.....

...the one I got has the same silver/gray clutch cover as the "show" ones pictured earlier at AS...

Taxes?

Niko
I can hop any military cargo aircraft and take a free ride to anywhere they are going. Can you? If yes why can't you hop a plane to the US of A and buy your saw here? Customs on military installations here are lax at best. I can't imagine it much different there. Not that I'd EVER short the tax man.

Why on earth are they doing that??? Or does it actually look OK in real life?

Looks OK, but that isn't really important - so far I can "diagnose" way more torque than the 353, despite it is totally new - looking fwd to compare with Witchys 5100S when both are broken in.......:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

....the outcome don't really matter. as they both are cool saws.......:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

..have to say though - that Husky impressed me more than any other saw I have used, for a first impression......

Last edited:
Niko
I can hop any military cargo aircraft and take a free ride to anywhere they are going. Can you? If yes why can't you hop a plane to the US of A and buy your saw here? Customs on military installations here are lax at best. I can't imagine it much different there. Not that I'd EVER short the tax man.

It is not that easy here......

New 346xp

Nothing like a new saw Troll.
I was using my 346 today cutting up some of the top of a large Red Oak. Love the speed of the 346xp.
I have some new Sthil chain that I'm trying out. Not sure if it's any better that 95vp?

Nothing like a new saw Troll.
I was using my 346 today cutting up some of the top of a large Red Oak. Love the speed of the 346xp.
I have some new Sthil chain that I'm trying out. Not sure if it's any better that 95vp?

If it is RS or RSC it sure will be better on the New Ed one - the initial feel make me believe it can do pretty well with full size 3/8" (or 8-pin ,325) also - but it remains to be seen.......

SawTroll said:
......the one I got has the same silver/gray clutch cover as the "show" ones pictured earlier at AS...

Why on earth are they doing that??? Or does it actually look OK in real life?

They must have copied Solo...like Solo copied Dolmar and Stihl copied Husky. :biggrinbounce2:

Well I'll be.
Good for you.
It will be good to hear what you have to say about it against the 5100.

Troll is there a "older" 346 around that you can test towards the new one?? I think a few would like to see if they made a big change...

COOL BEANS SAWTROLL!!! Sounds like you like it and thats good. Still waiting for them to get here. Done put my order in with Spike, placed Manual's order with Spike as well. Keep us posted on how it does till we get ours. BTW, ours will be better than yours, why, because we said so,LOLOLOL

Happy sawing ole feller!!!!

BTW, ours will be better than yours, why, because we said so,LOLOLOL

Happy sawing ole feller!!!!

I thought it would be better because it will be 1/3 the price Troll paid here in the states!

Aw come on, this isn't fair! All I've got is the stupid poster to hang up.

Well, somebody had to be first, and I'm glad it's you.

Question: Does it have the dang muffler on it? I was told that the reason the 350/2150 were increased from 49 to above 50CC in 2003 was because there are more relaxed EPA regs for saws 50cc and bigger. I wonder if that is part of the reasoning here with the 346.

I do have a scheme afoot to try and get some of these provided they are in the US. It might be a dead end, but it might very well work.

Aw come on, this isn't fair! All I've got is the stupid poster to hang up.

Well, somebody had to be first, and I'm glad it's you.

Question: Does it have the dang muffler on it? I was told that the reason the 350/2150 were increased from 49 to above 50CC in 2003 was because there are more relaxed EPA regs for saws 50cc and bigger. I wonder if that is part of the reasoning here with the 346.

I do have a scheme afoot to try and get some of these provided they are in the US. It might be a dead end, but it might very well work.

I have a feeling you will sell them as fast as you can get them:clap:

I of course, will not be partaking:)

Latest posts

Back