372xp whats the hype?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawbot

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
372xp question

I was just looking at the manual and comparing the 372xp version to the same version NON xp. So i guess the bore is a bit bigger on the xp engine.
But besides that what did i spend the extra 130 + for?
Not a problem, as i know the resale wil be better on the xp if i need to sell, but besides that and the bore increase did i pay for marketing? lol

Anyone? Im wondering the differance from the xp version and its little brother non xp?

Last edited:
The 365 and 372XP do share the same owners manual. That must be what sawbot is referring to. Without listing all the details the biggest difference is displacement and power output. Generally speaking your $130 bought you another .8 hp.

sawbot said:
I was just looking at the manual and comparing the 372xp version to the same version NON xp. So i guess the bore is a bit bigger on the xp engine.
But besides that what did i spend the extra 130 + for?
Not a problem, as i know the resale wil be better on the xp if i need to sell, but besides that and the bore increase did i pay for marketing? lol

Anyone? Im wondering the differance from the xp version and its little brother non xp?

the Xp's are profesional grade saws and the non xp is for the joe average who likes to go out and cut a few cubic meters of firewood each year and doesn't really need all the bells and whistles although it is always good to have that extra bit of grunt that the XP provides

The 365 is a pro saw - you get things like transparent fuel tank, metal bits on the extereror: starter housing bit, engine housing.

The 372xp is a super pro saw - you get an extra 10,000rmp from the xp engine, bigger cylindre bore and 70.7cc rather than 65.1. Chain speed is 21.4ms-1 rather than 20.7

I only have the 365 but i imagin you get all the metal bits you get on the 365. Oh and you can get the 372xpg which has heated handles and probally heated carb too,

Posted by Mr. Brushcutter...."The 372xp is a super pro saw - you get an extra 10,000rmp from the xp engine"....

Extra 10,000 rpm's..... must be a SCREAMER ehhh !!!

Jeff

As one who regularly uses and greatly appreciates the saw, the only feature of the 372XP which I could call over-rated (not necessarily, but possibly "hyped" due to Husqvarna's original Air Injection campaign) is the seal of the air filtration system.

Possibly the engineers thought that since they were centrifuging particles out of the air flow to the intake, they did not require a more positive sealing of the air filter. I can assure you that if this was the case, they were wrong.

Observe the difference on how the filters mount on the Stihl 044 & 066 for example.

Regardless, the 372XP will go down as a legend in the industry for its smooth, fast power and low vibration fatigue from a user's standpoint, and for its very strong sales from a business standpoint.

It will be one of the muscle saws we'll all remember years from now from back before "the Feds banned the two strokes."

Latest posts

Back