395xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a reasonable weight difference between the 390 and the 395.

The 390 is so much more agile.

A ported 390 being such an awesome saw is much more than most will ever need.

A 390 can be described as a lager 372 and they even share some parts.

The 395 could described as a smaller 3120, as nice as they are.

Last edited:
The 385/390 has a faster chain speed than a 395. I bought a newer 395 and sold it within 4 months because it wasn't that great. Sure it will pull the long bars better, but not much. its alot bulkier than the 385 and has an outboard clutch and no side chain adjustment. the 385 isn't much bigger than a 372 and not much heavier.
just my 2 cents. Not sayin its a bad saw but leaves some to be desired.

The 385/390 has a faster chain speed than a 395. I bought a newer 395 and sold it within 4 months because it wasn't that great. Sure it will pull the long bars better, but not much. its alot bulkier than the 385 and has an outboard clutch and no side chain adjustment. the 385 isn't much bigger than a 372 and not much heavier.
just my 2 cents. Not sayin its a bad saw but leaves some to be desired.

Big wood is where you need a 395, that's all. A 390 wouldn't be able to hang with a 395 is 40" wood.

Well he has a 372 and a 395. He sold the 385 so if I was him I would keep what I had and save my money. Both of them saws are more than adequate for anything in Michigan. Sure the grass might be greener on the other side of the fence but it wont be that much greener. Theres not a big enough difference IMO to buy a 390 for the weight difference.

Latest posts

Back