40 - 45 cc limbing saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Redmax GZ4500 fill this niche but requires at very least, a fully gutted muffler to realise it's full potential.

This version is running a 16" .325 bar and chain combo, with stihl semi chisel.

Nothing wrong with a fully gutted muffler! The redmax saws really do wake up with a muffler mod.

I used my Dolmar 421 extensively doing tornado clean up this weekend in Coal City, IL With a 12" bar it couldn't do everything, but the relatively light weight and excellent power were a welcome change. Up to about 10" branches and trees it was the best saw around. I can tell you Stihl owns the disaster relief market and not a single person present had ever heard of a Dolmar.

I need to say I'm very happy with the 026 as a light strong piss revvin saw it screems light and easy to toss around its also my next choice when I'm in my saddle

The MS193T we bought earlier this year is a good little saw when more than 1 top handle is needed at the same time.

I wouldn't trade a 193T for my 200T, but the 193T cost less than a new 201T.

Echo CS400 with a muffler mod gets my vote. I love the balance and weight of them, you can flip them around all day limbing. And the rubberized grips are very nice.

You can get them NIB off eBay for a little less than $250...

Back