460 vs 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You buncha :censored: you *%^$# don't :censored: about *&^%, cause you all got &^@# where your :censored:, and furthermore *&^% each and every :censored: buncha maggot &^%@# no-good :censored: cause you *#+*&^!!!

I think I've said what I came to say.

How do you really feel Woodie? Don't hold back. :)

The 460 is built better; will last longer.

Has more useable power, pulls like a tractor, not a peaky indy car.

Is well suited with a longer bar.

Is backed by a much better company, parts much eaiser to find. Stihl did not have to buy several different makers to keep their saws alive.

You boys with puss hands whine about the vibes but put some solid rubber mounts on your 372 and see if you can even hold the saw then. There is a reason the thing uses springs, who ever was incharge of balancing the internals must have been drunk too......:
:chatter:

So thats why stihl is not bearing the "World Champion" Award
You all brought a tractor to a Indy race.

So Stiihl puts a factory in China to better compete.
I really despise giving any money to China. Seeing China has been supporting Gene-sizing.

Springs for anti vibe.... unbalanced ? sounds like your talking about the MS361. you know the one that uses a Husky design to impress the Stihl Heads.:poke:

Last edited:
I fail to see the reason that you are embarrased.......:confused:

Oh its a matter of pride I guess. I am at the age where my memory is getting bad is all. I hate to mis-quote facts because of the memory loss is the main reason.
At least thats my excuse today. LOL :)

Kansas

:chatter:

So thats why stihl is not bearing the "World Champion" Award
You all brought a tractor to a Indy race.

Springs for anti vibe.... unbalanced ? sounds like your talking about the MS361. you know the one that uses a Husky design to impress the Stihl Heads.:poke:

You can have the world champ award, must be why Stihl is #1 in sales and service, LOL. When I need to pull a long bar, I will grab the tractor, a indy car isn't any good in the woods.

I'm not a big fan of springs. That design was because of the whiners over seas that their hands could not take the use of a chainsaw, it's a motor that is held in your hand, can't take it, don't use it. The 441 is another result of this, but another better built saw, proven by it's 1st and only design, unlike the 575.

I have failed to see what vibes ya'll speak about on the Stihls, I have used the 440 and 460 for hours at one time and can't tell.

Sorry I have a 372 and a 375K .........I own plenty of Huskys and I sure dont see what your saying......I own all brands and you call it BS ...Im just telling what my experience is......I guess owning and running that saw doesnt count to some people.......BTW ...I dont have a 460 anymore.......It met up with a 4960 JD and lost...........

Fact is Im not impressed with the 372XP and like some other models from other brands that I have owned its my view like it or not...

And to all the beloved Husky fans ...Dont forget the sunscreen for your saw or you might end up with a burnt orange.....

Your last sentence says your predisposed to not liking huskies
so just because you own some I won't read much into your experiance.
I do like huskies power, price, and features. If I really wanted to trash
talk stihl I could buy a junker 044,046 etc. leave the bolts loose never
sharpen it and claim all you say about husky! I in fact do own one stihl
saw, its in pieces in my shed. I have ran many of them and they are
pretty good but I prefer the features of husky over the two tones.

You can have the world champ award, must be why Stihl is #1 in sales and service, LOL. When I need to pull a long bar, I will grab the tractor, a indy car isn't any good in the woods.

I'm not a big fan of springs. That design was because of the whiners over seas that their hands could not take the use of a chainsaw, it's a motor that is held in your hand, can't take it, don't use it. The 441 is another result of this, but another better built saw, proven by it's 1st and only design, unlike the 575.

I have failed to see what vibes ya'll speak about on the Stihls, I have used the 440 and 460 for hours at one time and can't tell.

Seems to be alot of 372's in the woods making money.
I can run a 24" bar all day long on a 372.
any bigger get a larger saw. Like the guys on Axe man use in the PNW .
Whoops You may not agree because most are using Huskys on that Show.

Now you Being some what "Uhum", Educated. You can understand the reasons for using Springs as a dampner.
Come on now Stihl is not switching back to springs because Husky is using them.

Your last sentence says your predisposed to not liking huskies
so just because you own some I won't read much into your experiance.
I do like huskies power, price, and features. If I really wanted to trash
talk stihl I could buy a junker 044,046 etc. leave the bolts loose never
sharpen it and claim all you say about husky! I in fact do own one stihl
saw, its in pieces in my shed. I have ran many of them and they are
pretty good but I prefer the features of husky over the two tones.

Ohhh. But your Husky is going to fade and it won't look good when you loan it out to others. LOL

Seems to be alot of 372's in the woods making money.
I can run a 24" bar all day long on a 372.
any bigger get a larger saw. Like the guys on Axe man use in the PNW .
Whoops You may not agree because most are using Huskys on that Show.

Now you Being some what "Uhum", Educated. You can understand the reasons for using Springs as a dampner.
Come on now Stihl is not switching back to springs because Husky is using them.

I only saw one of the teams using the red heads, didn't watch it much though. I do remember the most productive, JM, using Stihls.

Use your ported 372 with a 24" all day, kool with me, use what ya like. Springs are fine but I like to feel the saw cut, I don't get this feeling with springs. I like rubber mounts much better.

:hmm3grin2orange: mine looks camouflaged orange so many fades
in different areas that most thieves will figure it don't run,cut etc.
That is what I hope they think:clap:

Heck my best pair of jeans are faded out, Now days yuppies pay good money for that look.
Logging is not and was not a "pretty" fashion statement

I only saw one of the teams using the red heads, didn't watch it much though. I do remember the most productive, JM, using Stihls.

Use your ported 372 with a 24" all day, kool with me, use what ya like. Springs are fine but I like to feel the saw cut, I don't get this feeling with springs. I like rubber mounts much better.

Im with you, "run what you brung". Lets all have fun.

I'm glad you did not tell be that I am going to pull my saw in two trying to get it out of a pinch.

Anybody that is trying to pull there saw out of a pinch and breaks it.
either has more money then brains. or needs to learn how to retrieve your saw safely.

I can't believe all this bickering over two chainsaws. I prefer Stihl, but can't deny that Husky does make a good saw also. Infact I'm saving to get a 390XP from Dean, it seems to be a really nice saw. Pick your brand and model and go cut some wood!.

I can't believe all this bickering over two chainsaws. I prefer Stihl, but can't deny that Husky does make a good saw also. Infact I'm saving to get a 390XP from Dean, it seems to be a really nice saw. Pick your brand and model and go cut some wood!.

Oh heck....I believe most of it is light hearted rambling....The members like this stuff and wouldn't have it any other way. :)

How else can you explain 117 replies about two proven saws? :givebeer:

Broken mounts on the Huskys are a great money maker.....I laugh all the way to the bank.......:laugh: :laugh:

huskys sprigs break
Stihl springs stretch
both are worn out.
and yes I have worn out both to know.
want to make more money, keep open minded and start checking for worn out springs on a Stihl.

Latest posts

Back