460 vs 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe all this bickering over two chainsaws. I prefer Stihl, but can't deny that Husky does make a good saw also. Infact I'm saving to get a 390XP from Dean, it seems to be a really nice saw. Pick your brand and model and go cut some wood!.
I'm with ya there, If it works for you then its a good saw. h:censored: ll i'd like to have at least two of each brand. Ive ran some pretty crappy saws back in my younger days,But they got the job done and that's what counts. I love my stihls,But i ain't beyond pickin up another brand and cutting with it.

I'm with ya there, If it works for you then its a good saw. h:censored: ll i'd like to have at least two of each brand. Ive ran some pretty crappy saws back in my younger days,But they got the job done and that's what counts. I love my stihls,But i ain't beyond pickin up another brand and cutting with it.

Very well said. How it cuts is what really matters about a saw.

Anyone else ready for a Bo Diddley Break?

I know I am...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DHgqtC02Qt0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DHgqtC02Qt0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

interesting.

Behave yourself young man, hows dares you talk unkindly of the Queen of Saws, the 372, shame on you. Wait a minute, I got one of those dayumm things, haven't used it in so long I forgot I still had it. I got it sitting between a 441 and a 046, both of which are better saws hands down, they are built. 441 going on 3 years old, not one problem, 046 past 10 years old now, not a problem one, 372 was a problem right out the box. Runs good but needs diapers, heres why. This is about as poor a quailty as I have even seen in what is suppose to be a pro saw.

attachment.php

I do like my 346 though,LOLOL

my buddy bought a brand new MS660.blew up in a week.shop rebuilt it,still never ran right.never had any power.also never oiled right.dealer couldn't fix that either.he also bought an MS441,no power and barely oiled.dealer couldn't fix that one either.sold both.this guy takes care of his stuff.only person i know that i'd lend one of my saws to so i know it wasn't abuse.

same guy has an MS200 rear handle, 5 031s,an MS360,and an 056 super.the 031 have coil problems but they are old so i give them that. 056 was purchased new two years ago.falls on it's ass with a 25" bar.i figured maybe the carb diaphrams are dry rotted so i'll look into that before i call it a POS.

MS360 is an awesome saw,never done anything to it.only thing wrong is the fuel and oil caps.same with the MS200.so it looks like your precious Kraut saws have flaws too.looks like my buddy is switching over all orange and red/black.

now i will admit Husky can't make a top handle and i do not like the 575 which i have used.

Just like I do when I see someone buy overpriced items.
I could sell a billion air filter conversions if someone could make them :laugh:

Husky is doing a good job on there saws..........

Thread repair pays good....Sure glad I bought a bulk pack of top cover bolts and starter bolts......:) :) and cant forget the loctite.....It should sold with saws when new...........:) :)

Last edited:
another good point.

Just like I do when I see someone buy overpriced items.
I could sell a billion air filter conversions if someone could make them :laugh:

my buddy tried to order a new air filter for his 026 pro.after the third one came in before it was the right one,it cost $10 more than the one for my 395XP.

Husky is doing a good job on there saws..........

Thread repair pays good....Sure glad I bought a bulk pack of top cover bolts and starter bolts......:) :) and cant forget the loctite.....It should sold with saws when new...........:) :)

I will say thread repair is operator problem as well as losing bolts etc.
All it takes is a few minutes every once in a while to check tightness
or yes some loctite no bigun.

Seems to be alot of 372's in the woods making money.
I can run a 24" bar all day long on a 372.
any bigger get a larger saw. Like the guys on Axe man use in the PNW .
Whoops You may not agree because most are using Huskys on that Show.

Now you Being some what "Uhum", Educated. You can understand the reasons for using Springs as a dampner.
Come on now Stihl is not switching back to springs because Husky is using them.

I think you are right, as usual........:clap: :clap:

I will say thread repair is operator problem as well as losing bolts etc.
All it takes is a few minutes every once in a while to check tightness
or yes some loctite no bigun.

Why not just say check and loctite all your nuts and bolts before you use your husky? That would save time looking around on the ground when the saw fell apart....

Oh heck....I believe most of it is light hearted rambling....The members like this stuff and wouldn't have it any other way. :)

How else can you explain 117 replies about two proven saws? :givebeer:

As I said in the 1st post:

"Time to stir it up.

It hasn't been asked in a while and I've got some $$$ burning a hole in my pocket so how about it - WHICH ONE DO I BUY???

Don't hold back, now - be honest. This should be interesting!" :popcorn:

I love you guys - LMAO!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back