462, 500i or 661? Going stihl shopping this week!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple 661's and I like them but jesus that 500i is a different world. No saw I have ever owned has impressed me or any of my guys more.

If I had to go down to 2 saws the 500i would be one of them.
Really interesting to hear! I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t love their 500i but I have yet to see any improvements in power or real world use over the 462. What is it that your guys like so much about it? Always keen to get new perspectives!

Where the 661 felt like a big improvement over the 660/066 the 500i feels like it was handed over from the future.

Climbing with it, its light and lightening fast on the trigger and sounds like a tie fighter in a death dive at revs. I havent done enough trigger time on a 462 to really be able to compare.

Where the 661 felt like a big improvement over the 660/066 the 500i feels like it was handed over from the future.

Climbing with it, its light and lightening fast on the trigger and sounds like a tie fighter in a death dive at revs. I havent done enough trigger time on a 462 to really be able to compare.
Haha fantastic description!

Beware Stihl's track record on new releases hasn't been stellar lately.
A Kiwi once wrote....
--------------------------------
There is a saw company called stihl
Whose first run of new saws can be dismal
With warranty denile
They will cost you a pile
Those build after are much harder to kill
------------------------------
Sound familiar to anyone in here?
HAHAHAHA

Beware Stihl's track record on new releases hasn't been stellar lately.
A Kiwi once wrote....
--------------------------------
There is a saw company called stihl
Whose first run of new saws can be dismal
With warranty denile
They will cost you a pile
Those build after are much harder to kill
------------------------------
Sound familiar to anyone in here?
HAHAHAHA

Yeah thats one of mine

Stihl released the 500i
With revs and tech so high
So it wouldnt suck cock
Using the tested concrete cutter block
They dodged the lemon pie

or

Stihl gave us the 200t
That always rocked in the tree
But they pissed of this arb
by charging $327 for a carb
Echo what you now hear from me

Maybe changed his mind and got an 064 or a 288xp chainsaw instead, saved a lot of money, kept with the same generation of saws he already has, and still can impress the neighbors

mmmmm... Minty 064. That's the stuff my dreams are made of...
Maybe changed his mind and got an 064 or a 288xp chainsaw instead, saved a lot of money, kept with the same generation of saws he already has, and still can impress the neighbors

No way in hell he would let a 288 grace his polished saw display shelf- he is Stihl blind.

Well an 064 or 066 will work plus half of what makes a saw are the dogs and i just can't see dogs like this on a 500i....

Attachments

• 066 magnum dual port clutch side.jpg
    066 magnum dual port clutch side.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back