462 vs 661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Current load. 95% was done with the 261 with 16inch bar and 5% with 461 with 20 inch bar.

Personally I like the shortest bar possible. Faster to sharpen, cheaper, oils better, less stress on the saw, and just flat out more fun to run when the saw rips.

1603219327039.jpeg

Is that a ****ing hyway cylinder?!!!!
A couple years ago a new guy here gave me a couple. They're still in the boxes. One I would use on a personal saw and one I wouldn't. Guess which is which?20200422_222828.jpg20200422_220720.jpg
I have a bit of a hoarding problem.20200418_212609.jpg
I wouldn't have the opinions I have on some of the aftermarket stuff unless I tried it.

A couple years ago a new guy here gave me a couple. They're still in the boxes. One I would use on a personal saw and one I wouldn't. Guess which is which?View attachment 862607View attachment 862608
I have a bit of a hoarding problem.View attachment 862609
I wouldn't have the opinions I have on some of the aftermarket stuff unless I tried it.

it’s all good, I live in reality. I bet that silver and black box hurt my eyes more than my creamsicles hurt yours though. Here, finished the load with an American made splitter while I was gone.
51779C79-E6B3-4490-8849-049BE2923973.jpeg

@Zane.b Well? What’s your choice?

Well I decided on the 661, went back to the dealer and they were out of 462/661's still so i asked about the 461 they had and he said it was listed as sold when he looked it up. He said he could order a 461 and for the inconvenience, knock off a little off the top. So i ended up with what I thought was a good deal on the saw you all said not to buy , but i plan on sending it in for a port job after I get some runtime with it or i will buy a 661 after I sell 2 other saws and some other crap

Well I decided on the 661, went back to the dealer and they were out of 462/661's still so i asked about the 461 they had and he said it was listed as sold when he looked it up. He said he could order a 461 and for the inconvenience, knock off a little off the top. So i ended up with what I thought was a good deal on the saw you all said not to buy , but i plan on sending it in for a port job after I get some runtime with it or i will buy a 661 after I sell 2 other saws and some other crap
A ported 461 is a world away from a 462. You’ll love it.

What porter do you have in mind?

A ported 461 is a world away from a 462. You’ll love it.

What porter do you have in mind?

I have no idea. I talked to mastermind and he's backlogged a couple months. I've been recommended to egan and someone recommended another earlier in this thread but I couldn't find the member when I searched but may of been my search error . Who do you recommend?

I have no idea. I talked to mastermind and he's backlogged a couple months. I've been recommended to egan and someone recommended another earlier in this thread but I couldn't find the member when I searched but may of been my search error . Who do you recommend?
My video of Scott’s work is here in this thread. He knows his 461’s. You can find him over on the forbidden site AboristSite.com. Goes by the handle treemonkey there. Mastermind doesn’t port used saws as far as I remember.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/462-vs-661.346719/post-7402991

I would have shipped you one [661] lol

Latest posts

Back