4th annual east tn gtg and grand opening of the new wicked work saw shop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlandrum

dealer,saw builder
Reaction score
so this is the deal folks. over the winter I had leased a new building and had it set up at my place with my landlords permission of course. I have been living in this house for going on 8 yrs now and have been allowed to use it as if I owned it. although my landlord has tried several times to get deeper into my pocket this last time took the cake. I had been working out of my new building for about 3 months and had it all wired insulated and nicely finished for a retail location along with my saw shop. I had somewhere around 3500 tied up in the building at this point. I decided after much thought and sleepless nights to take my business a step further and started selling new mowers along with the saws and other out door turf and timber type tools. after going about 25,000 into debt with the mowers my landlord decided that since I was doing so much commercial business at my new shop that he wanted to write up a new lease for the ground my shop sat on and charge me an extra 150 per month for it, along with a with taking care of an additional 3 acres of ground across the rd from my place. needless to say I told him exactly where he could store his new lease and moved my stuff out. I now have a new location. im in a commercial building on the main 4 lane hwy in my small town. I have a work shop larger than the entire building that I had at home . not including the other 750sq ft of retail and office space. I have officially thrown in my towel from logging and am full time in the new store. between porting saws ,repairing saws mowers trimmers and new sales im rather busy but I like it that way.it seems that it has taken me every minute of my waking hrs to get this new shop going so soon after just finishing up my last new shop. i have some real deja vu going on. i never thought id be having to set up a new shop just a couple of months after getting my last one finished. so this will not only be a gtg but will also be the grand opening weekend to my new store. i may not have it fully stocked yet but im up and running.

im shooting for the gtg date to be june 29th. it will be held at my new location. its just about 5 or 6 miles farther down the rd than the old location. there will be plenty of paved parking. i even have an almost 50 x50 canopy to gather under if there is any rain. im going to try and get a vendor to come and set up so that there will be food available all day long and no one will have to bring anything other than a couple of bucks to buy your viddles.

Last edited:
From one small business owner to another, Congrats! Growing your own company is both exciting and scary all at the same time.

Sounds good Terry. Now how to get away on my anniversary weekend:rolleyes:

That might work until she figures out where we're going that morning.

Going on the calendar, please give me directions to avoid the speed trap in Oak Ridge this year.

[EDIT] - I see the 28th is a Friday, is this correct?

Last edited:
I would love to make it over, if im allowed as a non-Native of the East Tenn hills, But my wife is! born and raised in Roane county. arent you just up the road from Morgan county, Terry? Would love to finally meet some of you guys and run some saws. Had a blast at the Halifax heritage festival in South Boston VA. met a lot of good guys there. Should be able to get away that weekend...drive shouldnt be too awful bad.

the location is for the gtg grand opening
wicked work saw
1110 Knoxville hwy
wartburg tn 37887

this is in morgan county

Congrats on being a new store owner. Thrills and chills in one package. Good luck on the grand opening.

Having an open house myself on June 21st. Promoting taking on the Dixon, RedMax and Efco lines.

I have been selling a few of the Dixon mowers this spring. I am happy with the product line

since this years gtg is coinciding with my grand opening I will be giving away quite a few door prizes. ill be giving away wicked work saw shirts,dixon shirts,dixon cups,dixon pens,coupons for discount on merchandise. ill be giving away a redmax saw,some 2 stroke mix theres no telling what all I will come up with as grand opening give aways. but there's one thing for certain,,,,YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN..... I will also be having some major sales for that day only. I will be selling redmax saws at just $10 dollars above my cost. theres going to be a lot of food fun and socializing going on. I think we should even have a used saws and parts swap meet.

Terry,

Thanks for putting this on again this year, I will be willing to come down Friday afternoon to help set up if needed. I have a few of the plastic 6' tables if you need them as well. If folks want to swap stuff, I can bring stuff as well.

Gary

Back