50:1 or 32:1 mixture

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, my thought processes were under the control of the Miller brewing
company at the time.

This thread contained some interesting reading, since the oil/heat topic popped up again, and again.

from those pics you can clearly tell that hp ultra did best job (not much carbon on top, skirt is clean)...

Even the Ultra looks bad to me. Can that carbon score the cyl. if it breaks loose?

If you have an AMSOIL dealer somewhere close you can pick up some of there 100:1 pre-mix. I have been running that for at least 8-9 years in everything 2-stroke that i have with absolutely no problems. Some people gasp at the 100:1 mix but AMSOIL has there stuff together on this one. I go through 30-40 gallons of mix gas a year with all my stuff (boat, snowmobile, chainsaws, trimmers, lawn mower's). I had an ancient old Lawnboy that my grandpa gave me 12 years ago and it finally bit the dust (broke the crank by the blade hub). When i switched everything over to the AMSOIL that thing ran like it got an instant attitude adjustment, no smoke, the plug looked like i put it in a few hrs ago and it was at least 12+ years old. Its all i use but thats just my 2 cents.

You ####ers go ahead and believe that California is LA, SF and desert. Sure enough, we have our problems, however, there is the rest of the state. Do us a favor, visit LA, leave the rest of it to us.

I run 40 to 1 synth with 89 octane real gasoline in all my old saws, even the 1954 SilverKing likes it, the Macs love it. I do miss the smell of the old stuff though.

You ####ers go ahead and believe that California is LA, SF and desert. Sure enough, we have our problems, however, there is the rest of the state. Do us a favor, visit LA, leave the rest of it to us.

I run 40 to 1 synth with 89 octane real gasoline in all my old saws, even the 1954 SilverKing likes it, the Macs love it. I do miss the smell of the old stuff though.

I agree with RandyMac on the ratio!!!, But not his choice of saw brands! LOL!
090's 090G's Contra's of all shapes love 40-1 (sometimes 35-1 when I am lazy)
To young to know the smell of the old stuff!!!!

I agree with RandyMac on the ratio!!!, But not his choice of saw brands! LOL!
090's 090G's Contra's of all shapes love 40-1 (sometimes 35-1 when I am lazy)

LMAO!!!
Teddy, some day you will run one, and all your other saws will be rented out as Danforth replacements.

I found a half-bottle of some generic "chainsaw oil" in a junk box this winter. I don't know how old it was, or who really made it (bottled for Farwell, Ozmun and Kirk...OK hardware store chain) but it had that old-time smell in the Techumseh on my ice auger.

I miss that smell, and the blue smoke that just "hangs". But I fouled the plug on the second tank of fuel in the auger; havent put a new on in for years of modern oil usage.

I bought a bottle of Klotz R50 a while ago to enjoy the smell. Not quite the same as years ago; a little like a cheap musk perfume on a bar-ho. Plus I didn't like paying$13 a quart for mix oil. Neighbor's kid has some grape-scented stuff to mix in the fuel for his MX bike. It shouldn't be hard for an enterprising chemist to synthesize that old-time scent for us

I'm not an amsoil dealer i just got turned onto the stuff a while back with my snowmobile and saw how good it worked out on that so i switched over everything else. I have a Dolmar 5100S that i bought new 3 years ago and its never had anything else in it from new (except for the first tank that was in there already) and it runs awesome. I dont have any pictures of the cylinder because i haven't had to do any work to it. I did adjust it down a bit tho. I have it running right around 13,800 - 14,000 rpm instead of 14,500. I heat my home with wood and usually cut 30+ face cord a year (for myself and a needy family that i give wood to). Its the only saw i have and she has many hrs on her and still hasnt skipped a beat. I know i have read stories on the AMSOIL about people having problems but as for me I love it and won't switch back. Its so nice having one gas can and one bottle of oil not to mention that since I started running it I noticed that i drastically cut back on maintenance. Like i said, I don't make a dime if someone buys it or not. I'm just telling people what i know and whats worked great for me.

Here is a pic of a sled motor with more than a few thousand miles on it at 32:1. Pretty clean, eh?
attachment.php

Was this MX2T? BTW, this is one of the best, if not THE best oil thread I've read on here. It's a must read.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back