50cc saws from the year I was born

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always like those 49sp's. If money wasn't so tight i'd buy one to fix up. Not sure why I like them, I've never run one but still have a thing for them. Post up some pictures of the progress. The 031's are pretty common around here, as they may be everywhere but parts a easy to come by so that should be a great fix 'r' upper. If you need any parts let me know i have a few parts saws around the shop. Good luck!

Heres the 031 from when I first got it home.

Stihl2.jpg

I'll post some of the disassembled 49SP tomorrow.

I among others are sick of your stupidity. If it takes me getting banned I dont care. You a a parasite to this forum that many of us love. You offer little information, and a whole bunch of dumb provocative silly teenager threads and posts. Where is the actual help there? I dont find it funny, and I know some others agree.

The best way that I have found to make Space go away is to shut off my computer...:popcorn: Lightning storms and power outages are sometimes so relaxing.

Last edited:
It's in decent shape, I paid $10 for it so I figured I couldn't really lose on the deal. It's an older 031, in fact I don't think I have seen another one this old.

It seems to me most 031 that I have worked on the condenser was the culprit. Most people think coil, and when they go to a dealer they get the bad news that it's no longer available and end up buying a new saw. I have brought several back to life by just replacing the condenser. They are good old, well built saws and there are still a lot of them still out there earning their keep.

Yeah the trigger module and transformer both test good, the kill switch is bypassed and I still can't get any spark out of the dang thing!

Did you check the gap on the coil irons to the flywheel magnets???

It's in decent shape, I paid $10 for it so I figured I couldn't really lose on the deal. It's an older 031, in fact I don't think I have seen another one this old.

Since you dont like Stihls and if you didnt really chunk it off the roof if you decide to peddle it send me a PM,,,, that is a nice saw!!!!!!

Last edited:
Did you check the gap on the coil irons to the flywheel magnets???

Yep, I set it with a dollar bill and kept messing with it. It started and ran fine and then just nothing.

Since you dont like Stihls and if you didnt really chunk it off the roof if you decide to peddle it send me a PM,,,, that is a nice saw!!!!!!

Yes I did chuck it off a roof but only like 10 feet and it landed in nice soft grass. I was drunk and thought that Stihls could fly. After all, they apparently cure cancer, so why not?

Latest posts

Back