5100 Vs 2153

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the saw so far. When the load of logs come, I will try to get the 365 and run them side by side- I report back. But I feel confident about the 5100 now. Thanks

I think you'll be surprised, are 5100 will keep up with the 361 until we get into bigger wood. both with 20" bars and rsc chain. If you havent yet dump the stock chain and get some rsc for it, you'll think it's a different saw.

I think you'll be surprised, are 5100 will keep up with the 361 until we get into bigger wood. both with 20" bars and rsc chain. If you havent yet dump the stock chain and get some rsc for it, you'll think it's a different saw.

I gave the stock chain away with the 350 along with two other chains. I kept a stihl 23rs and 23rm chain- I'm not sure which is on the 5100 at this point. Are those, or either, satisfactory?

I gave the stock chain away with the 350 along with two other chains. I kept a stihl 23rs and 23rm chain- I'm not sure which is on the 5100 at this point. Are those, or either, satisfactory?

Those are really good, for clean and dirty wood respectively.

get into 16-18" wood, the dolmars really shines over it.

strange, i would think that smaller wood favors the 5100's higher RPM. there will be no excuses then when we run your 5100 against my 346xp and 455 rancher in big wood at the GTG then. make sure you send a 20" bar.

:cheers:

I've got 'em priced $75 apart in my store. I think they are all in a dead heat power wise, and preference really comes down to which one feels better when you pick it up.

And when you figure that everyone on this site spends 20 times more than they need to on saws, who cares about the $75?

Good Point. Not too many of us on AS can justify the time or money we spend on our saws, except some loggers and arborists. Its a disease...:cheers:

I've got 'em priced $75 apart in my store. I think they are all in a dead heat power wise, and preference really comes down to which one feels better when you pick it up.

And when you figure that everyone on this site spends 20 times more than they need to on saws, who cares about the $75?

Is the separation still $75 when you equip the 2153 with a non cat muffler and 3/8 chain?

Latest posts

Back