550xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire8

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Put the first tank of gas though it and wow for a stock saw I didn't think it was ever going to run out gas I wasn't planing on cutting that much on a tank I have own full blown husq race saw,mod husq and stihl saws this saw is nice I can't imagine what brad or mastermine 550xp would be like

I was looking hard at the 346 and the ms261 I run both but the 550 just fills right it's got the great husq sound it's got that Litter torque when you lay down on it all without being mod all you need is gas oil and a file I like the idea that it tunes itself and take some help with you so you can trade out running it so you can rest between tanks of gas

If I ever needed to replace my ported 2153, I'm certain (based on what's currently available) I'd go either 550XP or Jonny version of same.

I had a 1996 husq 272 I loved that saw but someone wanted more then me so the search was on to replace I have to drive 60 miles to a husq dealer so I was replaceing with stihl because the dealer is 10 min. Glad I drove the 60 miles one way I wish now that I didn't buy that ms650
I would have got the 576xp

I had a 1996 husq 272 I loved that saw but someone wanted more then me so the search was on to replace I have to drive 60 miles to a husq dealer so I was replaceing with stihl because the dealer is 10 min. Glad I drove the 60 miles one way I wish now that I didn't buy that ms650

I have a 372 and a 560 but I use mostly the 560 cause of the power is awesome.
By thy way are you also a firefighter?

From my 550XP thread:

A "before" video.

Did I mention I like this saw?

<iframe width="525" height="394" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yWujJUGLBJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A new video, this time with the saw pulling an 8 pin sprocket. I read a small gain over the 7 pin, which is good in this size wood. This is a limbing saw, so with the RevBoost doing its job this is the go to combo for .325 chain.

[video=youtube;FLgIYFlW3YY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLgIYFlW3YY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Some of you might notice that my status has changed and that my signature is different. I look forward to serving the AS community to the best of my ability!

I have a 372 and a 560 but I use mostly the 560 cause of the power is awesome.
By thy way are you also a firefighter?
Yep I ret from a volunteer from okla were I leave and have 24 years in as full time firefighter in fort smith ark. Witch is 20 min from me I like 4 years 9 months 7 days 2 hours 56 minutes before I hang it up from there

I think you need to run a 441CM. :D

550 is an awesome saw. I like the 441cm better than the 576xpAT though. JMO

Very nice!

I had planned to port my 562, but am enjoying it just fine stock. One day though. :msp_biggrin:

I have a stock 562XP and I ran a Stumpified 562XP at Jasper and it was NICE! Tempting! and I'm like you before I ran it I thought why bother porting it, runs real good but I don't know, Stumpy did some nice work on the one I ran.

I have a stock 562XP and I ran a Stumpified 562XP at Jasper and it was NICE! Tempting! and I'm like you before I ran it I thought why bother porting it, runs real good but I don't know, Stumpy did some nice work on the one I ran.

I only live one hour from Stumpy. It is Very Tempting!

I think about the only thing I'm going to do to the 550 is put the 8 pin and get the muffler mod to get more of that husq sound but the ms 650 that my be a difference the ms201t needs help to

I think about the only thing I'm going to do to the 550 is put the 8 pin and get the muffler mod to get more of that husq sound but the ms 650 that my be a difference the ms201t needs help to

From what I hear, a MM really makes a difference on the already very strong 550.

Back