550xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What bar and chain are most of you running I sure like the looks of the sugihara bar but in a 16" I see it comes in 58 gauge

Switching between 16" NK bar running 20LPX, and 16" solid bar running 72CL.

What bar and chain are most of you running I sure like the looks of the sugihara bar but in a 16" I see it comes in 58 gauge
I'm running on of those on my ported old 346xp. Nice bar and I prefer .058 gauge.

18" Oregon Pro-Lite .325, 23RSC and 20LPX.

Also running one of these on the new 346xp, nice bar and work just fine. .058 also.

I'm running on of those on my ported old 346xp. Nice bar and I prefer .058 gauge.

Also running one of these on the new 346xp, nice bar and work just fine. .058 also.

So you like sugihara with the .325 58 gauge what chain you running

So you like sugihara with the .325 58 gauge what chain you running

Yeah, I like it. Running rmc and Oregon bpx. I like semi chisel a lot better than chisel, for my wood here.

The Sugihara bars are hard to find right now in .325.

I like the Pro-Lite just as well though. Have 18" .325, .058 on the newer 346.

Yeah, I like it. Running rmc and Oregon bpx. I like semi chisel a lot better than chisel, for my wood here.

The Sugihara bars are hard to find right now in .325.

I like the Pro-Lite just as well though. Have 18" .325, .058 on the newer 346.

I prefere the Norwegian made laminated Husky bars to the Pro-Lite, as they are lighter - but it isn't a big deal.

Last edited:
Here is the 550xp setting beside is the husq puppy that husq want someone to name for there new mascot it was a lost time back I can't remember the details but I still have the pup

View attachment 260530

Last edited:
How much do you want for your 650?

I've only got 3 tank on it put the dp muffler on it last night and the stihl dealer adjust it this morning haven't thought about it much I'm a husq man and I've not looked at any husq that size the only reason I've got that stihl is the dealer is 10 min from my house and he's a good guy I would soon have a husq

We'll think about it, my 660 is waiting at my house for me. Would love to have a 650 to go along with it.

Learned today that the 455 Rancher is getting ATII, and there are plans for a new generation 70somethingcc saw but no details beyond that. Told the guy sign me up for one :msp_biggrin:
There are more Rancher II models with AT on the way; A new and stronger 460 and a 465, both with 64cc (but different power output - 3.0 kW and 3.2 kW).

Where is the best place to find a 550xp I'm in north central Ohio and none of my local dealers even wanna try to get any 550's don't even know 346 is no longer available any longer. What kind of money are the 550's going for? Like I keep telling the dealers it's stihl country around here and I'd really love to try a husqvarna but real hard.....how's the 550 compare to dolmar 5105 for power cause I've got one running 20" 3/8 full chisel thanks a lot and sorry this is so long new here lol

That's kind of how it was when I went to get one as well, I would call some more dealers in your area and let the ones who have not heard of it know, that you will have to take your business elsewhere - they will pretty quickly learn about it. I really think some of the techs are intimated by AutoTune carbs, or possibly that their tuning abilities might be obsoleted? I am now on my 5th tank with my 550xp, I can attest to the power/fuel consumption/weight ratio as outstanding, however there are a few glitches as far as starting it cold, and it runs oddly at times as it finds itself, so some may not like that..

As far as price, I have heard here you can get them for 500, but retail has been 579 and up depending on bar..

That's pretty much how I took it when the one dealer told me they wanna stay old school and not have computer control told him better get on the bus and get with future cause haven't been able to buy a new car w/o computer control since the 80's.......as I look at it you wanna stay old school as a new dealer your gonna soon be outta business and do all old school repairs!!!!!!

Thanks a lot but I've called prob 15-20 dealers up to prob 75-80mi from me and nothing for help wanna buy a 346 I can find a truck load seems like!!! So what b/c are u running

Ok, wow, I kinda got the feeling that a lot of dealers bought up the existing 346xps and want to clean those out, like cars - they probably are getting a good deal on them as out going models - when I asked my preferred dealer of stihls/huskies about the 550xp they hard sold the 346xp hard at a great discount - so who knows! A week later they stated that they were getting in some new 550xps..

Last edited:
My advice is, if you sell your 650, don't buy a 395xp. The 390xp is the saw you want. It's just a better saw IMO. You could buy a 390xp and have it ported for the price of a 395xp. The 395xp is just too heavy and bulky compared to the 390xp. And the 390xp has power thats right on the heels of the 660. JMO.

My advice is, if you sell your 650, don't buy a 395xp. The 390xp is the saw you want. It's just a better saw IMO. You could buy a 390xp and have it ported for the price of a 395xp. The 395xp is just too heavy and bulky compared to the 390xp. And the 390xp has power thats right on the heels of the 660. JMO.

The 390xp has to be ported to run with a 660 or did I read that wrong

Latest posts

Back