555 problems, no warranty!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's always small claims court. Copy of the service bulletin, your receipt, copy of the warranty, etc. I wouldn't dork around with it anymore, just tell them it is going to small claims and be sure to follow up on that. It's not a threat, just make it a statement of fact to whomever you are talking to on the phone.

This week sold a guy a MS250C, he takes it home runs one tank thru it and brings it back in, says it won't run. I look it over, bar oil tank is dry, gas tank is full of bar oil. He had cranked it enough to pull bar oil completely thru the carb. Should warranty have covered it, no, but we took the carb apart, ran it thru the ultra sonic cleaner, put a kit in it and had him running in less than an hour. We cover operation, maintainance and care with each new saw buyer, it was totally on him, but at our dealership we will go the extra mile for the customer.

Good for your dealership! No question that was the customer's fault, but that kind of service is the kind of thing that keeps people coming to dealers instead of the Big Box stores. I hope that guy realizes what you did and turns out to be a long term customer.:rock:

Love my 346, and my Stihl top handle and 044, so I had to have a new tech 60cc saw. Bought a new husky 555 in April. The 555 never started or ran perfect out of the box. It was very smooth though. So I just barely used it this spring and don't cut in the summer, to hot. It finally got cooler here in California a couple of weeks ago and I really want to use my new saw, but it just isn't right. After a couple of hours of running, over 2/3 days, it now just starts & dies unless given full throttle. The dealer checked it and says it needs an updated carb, the original is defective over fueling. Husky says not warranty because it ran on the first tank of fuel. If this is how husky deals with their warranty I won't let them screw me again. Does Stihl treat their customers the same way?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I know it's too late now, but I would have had it back to the dealer ASAP.

You have a dealer issue. Stop wasting your time with the same one. Did they hook it up? A description of failure? If it ran poorly from the beginning, the micro has it recorded.....this is the whole point of running memory, to make warranty issues solvent. Find a new dealer locally or call one of the great sponsor dealers on this site. You'll find husky takes care of their own very well.

You have a dealer issue. Stop wasting your time with the same one. Did they hook it up? A description of failure? If it ran poorly from the beginning, the micro has it recorded.....this is the whole point of running memory, to make warranty issues solvent. Find a new dealer locally or call one of the great sponsor dealers on this site. You'll find husky takes care of their own very well.

My guess is this dealer doesn't have the diagnostic tool and is trying to make the customer eat the carb instead of explaining to husky that he doesn't have the tool...

Ethanol damage? wow, your saw is rated for E10. You best bend over a lil bit more, the clown you are dealing with is just f#%^&$%# you. Find a new dealer.

Just because there is a service bulletin, doesn't mean your saw is subject to it. The diagnostic tool is a great asset, for those techs that can understand it, and whoes primary tool is not an up and down wrench.

555 running

Need to hook up. From my own experience-I had customers fuel in saw for over 2 months and like I have before in other saws before-just thought I would start and use. Not with this saw! Started hard,would run for awhile and then just die,not idle good. So I started over with my fuel. Still the same with mine. The problem was this saw was doing what it was supposed to do,compensate for fuel quality. It had tried and failed-it had already stored a code and had to be cleared and reset. Now runs as well as ever-which is fantastic. Hope this helps.

Today's update. I will try to answer everyone's questions. I have always broken in all my saws with canned fuel purchased from dealer, this one no exception (is this a bad idea?). Although I have purchased 2 saws, one Stihl weed eater and numerous chains/bars/plugs/oil etc.. from this same dealer, the 555 was bought out of state when moving my daughter and her family. Got to their new house and we needed a chainsaw, my son in law doesn't have one (they have lived near us and he always used one of mine) so I did what anyone else would do and went to local dealer and bought a new saw(renting one was out of the question because of obvious safety concerns). The dealer called me yesterday and informed me that Husky ask to have a copy of sales reciept and they would pay for repair. The tech from Husky choose not to call me, but authorized it. The dealer continues to tell me he has trouble getting husky to pay for warranty repairs and if there is much involved in repair always get approval first. I am happy I will get a running saw back, I am concerned about other recalls/updates for this saw, and what will the future bring. Will I always have trouble. I know all of you Husky dealers don't want bad things said about a product you sell, but I am a consumer with less and less discretionary income? I really don't want to switch dealers, have had a good relationship from this one for 13 years. He does have Husky diagnostic tools.

You say you have a good relationship with him. Don't you think if that were the case, then he would go out of his way to help?

Yes I do think they should go out of their way, but if his story is true husky is hard to get warranty repair $ from I understand his perspective of not wanting to buy me a carb. I only know what folks tell me, I did speak with husky and they verified original dispostion of not wanting to pay for carb because saw ran out of box. I am worried about future warranty repairs if needed on this new model saw.

I think it really helps with warranty if the saw was purchased from the dealer doing the work. I understand your situation, but this needed saying here.

That said, it sounds like you will be takin care of and I wouldn't worry about any future problem, as you will likely not have any.

Sounds like the dealer that sold it to you didn't register your saw, thus the reason for the run around and proof of purchase?
It also sounds like Husq is taking a beating on frivolous warranty claims to reject a new carb. "It runs out of the box, so it's not warranty". WTF?

By now I don't really see what was the problem - was the dealer annoyed that you had bought the saw elsewhere?

Of course you need proof of the purchase, unless the dealer remember the sale....

Today's update. I will try to answer everyone's questions. I have always broken in all my saws with canned fuel purchased from dealer, this one no exception (is this a bad idea?). Although I have purchased 2 saws, one Stihl weed eater and numerous chains/bars/plugs/oil etc.. from this same dealer, the 555 was bought out of state when moving my daughter and her family. Got to their new house and we needed a chainsaw, my son in law doesn't have one (they have lived near us and he always used one of mine) so I did what anyone else would do and went to local dealer and bought a new saw(renting one was out of the question because of obvious safety concerns). The dealer called me yesterday and informed me that Husky ask to have a copy of sales reciept and they would pay for repair. The tech from Husky choose not to call me, but authorized it. The dealer continues to tell me he has trouble getting husky to pay for warranty repairs and if there is much involved in repair always get approval first. I am happy I will get a running saw back, I am concerned about other recalls/updates for this saw, and what will the future bring. Will I always have trouble. I know all of you Husky dealers don't want bad things said about a product you sell, but I am a consumer with less and less discretionary income? I really don't want to switch dealers, have had a good relationship from this one for 13 years. He does have Husky diagnostic tools.

We all call the same tech center with the same handful of guys, they DO NOT guard the purse strings, if you have a legitimate problem they will authorize a repair. If he is having repeated problems with authorization then IMO he has a bad rep with tech service.

Sounds like the dealer that sold it to you didn't register your saw, thus the reason for the run around and proof of purchase?
It also sounds like Husq is taking a beating on frivolous warranty claims to reject a new carb. "It runs out of the box, so it's not warranty". WTF?

Believe me this is definitely not the case in the US, I'll just leave it at that.

Yes I do think they should go out of their way, but if his story is true husky is hard to get warranty repair $ from I understand his perspective of not wanting to buy me a carb. I only know what folks tell me, I did speak with husky and they verified original dispostion of not wanting to pay for carb because saw ran out of box. I am worried about future warranty repairs if needed on this new model saw.

but if you are a repeat customer for 13 years. a carb no matter what the issue would have been a smart investment by your dealer to take care of you. nickel and diming you is very short sighted by your dealer to a customer like you.

but if you are a repeat customer for 13 years. a carb no matter what the issue would have been a smart investment by your dealer to take care of you. nickel and diming you is very short sighted by your dealer to a customer like you.

Maybe this guy stinks and they're tired of him?

We had one customer for years that always smelled like rotten fish. We'd have to air out the shop after he came in. Nice enough guy though.

Maybe this guy stinks and they're tired of him?

We had one customer for years that always smelled like rotten fish. We'd have to air out the shop after he came in. Nice enough guy though.

didnt think of that. i would just start spraying febreze.:jester:

We all call the same tech center with the same handful of guys, they DO NOT guard the purse strings, if you have a legitimate problem they will authorize a repair. If he is having repeated problems with authorization then IMO he has a bad rep with tech service. ......

That thought struck me as well. It surely is a possibility!

Back