Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That little 340 looks to be earning its keep! I cut some pine like that last week, sure seemed nice after a month of cutting hardwood pulp. We are working a little north I believe of where you are in Colrain MA. Nice looking job your doing there.

This job is in Pittsfield Ma. about 3 minutes from center of the city.

nice saw! i love that orange gb titanium bar.. were did u get that!? i thought they stopped making those?[/QUO They don't make them anymore that bar is a 20" I put on the saw when I first got it now I'm running a 24" on it. Those gb bars really stood up I had bought a few extra when I heard they were going out.

Nice.
I cut some & left the log's 66' last year. The skidder driver I had wasn't liking getting them out of the woods.

Andy

I have been cutting most of the trees in half, but some have been a straight shot to the landing so I leave them whole. Have about one more day and the job will be cut.

i want to know how the 562 cuts hardwood like oak with a 24 inch bar on it. I thinking about getting one but i need it with atleast 24 inch bar and i will mostly cutting hard wood like pin oak and red oak. The only soft wood that i will cut is maple. Around here we call maple soft wood but i seen people on the firewood forum call it hard wood lol.

i want to know how the 562 cuts hardwood like oak with a 24 inch bar on it. I thinking about getting one but i need it with atleast 24 inch bar and i will mostly cutting hard wood like pin oak and red oak. The only soft wood that i will cut is maple. Around here we call maple soft wood but i seen people on the firewood forum call it hard wood lol.

If your going to cut 20" oak all day you might consider a bigger saw, but if your cutting a lot of smaller wood with the occasional large log the 562 will do fine. Out here we generally have 2 types of maple sugar which we call hard, or red which we call soft. On the last pine job we cut it had 20 thousand feet of hardwood about half of which was hard maple a few 24" all cut with the 562. It may take a tad longer to box and fall the tree, but you make that up when lopping the top which we try to get as low as possible.View attachment 268380

If your going to cut 20" oak all day you might consider a bigger saw, but if your cutting a lot of smaller wood with the occasional large log the 562 will do fine. Out here we generally have 2 types of maple sugar which we call hard, or red which we call soft. On the last pine job we cut it had 20 thousand feet of hardwood about half of which was hard maple a few 24" all cut with the 562. It may take a tad longer to box and fall the tree, but you make that up when lopping the top which we try to get as low as possible.View attachment 268380

Thanks for the info. We have mostly red maple here. I cut mostly firewood to sell with a 455 rancher just want something that i could run a 24 inch bar on and have enough power. I like the 372 too but the 562 doesn't cost as much just wanted to know how it would run with a 24 inch bar on it.

IMO, you want a 576 or even a 575. If you find a used 575 that still runs fine, don't be scared of it. If they were going to blow they did after a short while. Ones that run today are prolly just fine. Mine was for a long time till the dummy ran it over on the skidder.

Thanks for the info. We have mostly red maple here. I cut mostly firewood to sell with a 455 rancher just want something that i could run a 24 inch bar on and have enough power. I like the 372 too but the 562 doesn't cost as much just wanted to know how it would run with a 24 inch bar on it.

I think you would be very happy with the 562 the av system is better than the 372 and your not giving up much if anything in power. When I got my 562 I ran it with a 20" bar and was skeptical that it could handle a 24" bar until I put one on and didn't notice any difference. Cut around 175M feet with it and haven't had any problems to speak of yet. If I where you I would try to run both the 372 and the 562 before you buy one. Know another logger who bought a 372 and said that it floods real easy they have 2 562's and love them they did have trouble with the first one bolt came out of the case under the muffler sucked the gasket in and it leaked bar oil had to split the case warranty covered it. Husky has fixed that problem using a different bolt.

IMO, you want a 576 or even a 575. If you find a used 575 that still runs fine, don't be scared of it. If they were going to blow they did after a short while. Ones that run today are prolly just fine. Mine was for a long time till the dummy ran it over on the skidder.

I would have to agree with you I would go with the 576 over the 372 the 576 av system is much better. Now if you could get your hands on the old style 372 that would be a different story they were the AK-47 of chainsaws.

Man, that saw looks like it has some use on it, Any problems with it? any idea on tanks or hours you may have on it?

Man, that saw looks like it has some use on it, Any problems with it? any idea on tanks or hours you may have on it?

Been running it 6-8 hours a day 2 gallons + a day for the last month no problems yet. I've owned it for 4 months. When I first got it used it used it as a back up for the 576a/t had a 20" bar on it, after I put the 24" bar on it and found that the saw could handle it the 576 doesn't come out of the back of the truck much. Been cutting a lot pine so it's covered with pitch.

562 Xp

Had the 562 four months doesn't look new anymore.View attachment 268889View attachment 268890 Heavy rain and wind gusting 30 to 40 mph have 75M feet of pine, and 6M feet of hardwood piled up on the landing and can't get it trucked until it freezes. Starting to sound a lot like "The Whining Thread".

Mingo - would you buy another 562 ? For your next saw ? Thanks-DDALE-

Glad you like it, I like mine a lot, I was #####ing because the grey in the front on the case and the clutch cover is getting worn looking, but mine looks brand new compared to yours.

Glad you like it, I like mine a lot, I was #####ing because the grey in the front on the case and the clutch cover is getting worn looking, but mine looks brand new compared to yours.

Mines a work saw not a show saw.

Last edited:
I hear ya, mine has dropped and cut up quite a few trees, but I also do try and take care of them.

Back