Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might be a dumb question but what kind of chain do you guys run on the 562 when cut pine. We don't have pine just would like to know.

This might be a dumb question but what kind of chain do you guys run on the 562 when cut pine. We don't have pine just would like to know.

I run oregon jg or ck 50 gauge. The ck I file round, and the reason I bought it is that I got a deal on it. Usually just run jg on all my saws. I like it because there are less teeth to file(eyesight isn't what it use to be) and imo it cuts just as fast as lg.

Skip chains are the mutts nuts. I dread using a full tooth chain now. Only when I have to, which is not often.

All teh wood on your landing was cut with the 562? Not bad.

Nice clean work, nice clean visible roadside landing, makes all loggers look a lot better. Great work and thanks. Merry Christmas.

Do the perpindicular logs really make the log pile more stable, less likely to roll, or does it just seem that way?

It does make the pile more stable when you crib the ends, especially when you start taking logs off the pile. One end of the pile was close to the street I didn't want any runaways ending up in the road, and being close to so many houses I thought it was a good idea to crib both ends. Merry Christmas

Yes I would and it would have heated handles.

Heated handles are the bomb. I got a lot of fecal matter tossed at me for buying a saw with heated grips back in the day....but the first -1 morning, guess who didn't have cold hands?
I let the slinging monkeys try it, and whattaya know, they liked them too..

Heated handles are the bomb. I got a lot of fecal matter tossed at me for buying a saw with heated grips back in the day....but the first -1 morning, guess who didn't have cold hands?
I let the slinging monkeys try it, and whattaya know, they liked them too..

Husky's heated handles are great I had several 372's and 575 with them, also had a 7900 Dolmar with them it was no where as good as the Husqvarna handles only got luke warm. Heated handles are nice for the cold weather and even better when your gloves get wet. The 372's had a carb heater on them if you forgot to turn it off or turned it on by mistake the saw would start to lose power.

The 372's had a carb heater on them if you forgot to turn it off or turned it on by mistake the saw would start to lose power.

Yep, ours would start running like you turned the high speed jet in a half turn...Husky put the switch in a stupid spot. And the exposed wires at the bar vibration mount always got ripped out by brush..I hear they re-designed it. I should have got a heated grip 576.

And how many times have you burned a finger or two grabbing the exhaust pipe on the skidder as you re-mounted from limbing? Melted many a cheap winter glove that way..

Yep, ours would start running like you turned the high speed jet in a half turn...Husky put the switch in a stupid spot. And the exposed wires at the bar vibration mount always got ripped out by brush..I hear they re-designed it. I should have got a heated grip 576.

And how many times have you burned a finger or two grabbing the exhaust pipe on the skidder as you re-mounted from limbing? Melted many a cheap winter glove that way..

On my 575 the switch was on the side of the handle bar above the mounting bolts on the clutch side,I liked that better than the 372. The 575 didn't have a heated carb.

AV mount

The rear av mount broke today on the 562 took about 3 minutes to change it, just unbolt it and bolt the new one in. Unlike the 372 or the 576 where you have to drop the gas tank to replace it, nice design.

Oiler

Oiler stopped working pulled the clutch found the oil pump bolts had come loose allowing it to move and it took the out the drive gear for the pump.

Wow, never heard of a husky doing that...

They should have a digital hour meter on these $600 + saws...so a man can know just how much use he got before "X" repair was needed.

Wow, never heard of a husky doing that...

They should have a digital hour meter on these $600 + saws...so a man can know just how much use he got before "X" repair was needed.

I agree that would be a big help for a number of reasons.

You have to pull the clutch to change the rim sprocket, so it would be a good idea to check the bolts in the pump when you have it off. I don't recall that ever happening before on any saw that I owned.

ive been running a ported 562xp more and more lately [video=youtube;CZ_Qjcx0J2M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ_Qjcx0J2M&list=UUqYITg6g1quHLq4YJfxj_qA&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

Terry, nice, fast safe work. Amateur falling question to you. After you finished your face cut (Humboldt?), and most of the back cut, you drove in a wedge. I couldn't see what you did next. Deepening the face cut, narrowing the hinge? At that point I would typically continue the back cut forward in front of the wedge until it fell. However, my directionality leaves something to be desired. Sorry for hijacking, the saw looks strong, and thanks for any instruction you can give me.
Jon

i wedged it becouse i was tipping it about 90* from its lean and cut in the face a tad deeper to get it in motion easier. i laughed after i watched that video and said i shouldnt have walked away so casually. i should have been more theatrical thrown my saw down and run like hell.

Back