Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you run the 562 before you sent it out? Like to know how much you gained after it was ported.
I bought the saw had it shipped to Jamestown Tn without touching it.Randy has done a bunch of saws for me and has a video of a 562 he's woods ported.Keen,that is one NICE ash log.How long?

Good thread mingo, lots of great pics. I got my first 562 in april and really liked it. After a few months clutch springs started to break and I would replace them and finally a shoe broke and got a new clutch and no more problems there. Muffler ended up cracking so go that replaced in september, I noticed a week ago its started to crack again. Thats one area I wish husky would beef up there mufflers, I've had problems with there mufflers on alot of models. Broke a few av springs on it. Thing runs like a top tho, im happy its only had those few problems since its ran 5-6 days a week. I ended buying another 562 a few months ago. Again great thread keep up the good work.

Pics is of a white ash I cut a few weeks ago with the 562View attachment 283294

Keen- get your 562 from Gladwin ? I have bought several clutch springs for my 562 from there.wondered why they stocked them already.must be because of your saw,just guessing.I am just south of you edenville.cut for lumber this wk. oak,aspen,ash. View attachment 283315 hard to stack upside down!

Yep, Dale I bought it in Gladwin, Bryan there service manager gets me some deals we've been friends since we were kids. The 357 359s also have the same clutch springs as the 562's so they had them in stock for a while. If you keep having problems talk to Bryan im sure he would be able to warranty you out a new clutch. Nice logs, do you have a mill?

That 4 tier load had 7300 bd ft. The hard wood mills I deal with have been good,some of the pine mills have a short stick. There use to be 6 mills in the county and our logs didn't travel more thn 30 miles, now there is one mill left and 90% of our logs go to Canada.

You should try contacting Wagner Lumber, they're based outta Owego, NY they come and pick up most all of our sawtimber wherever we are. Bossman is good to the driver, Dave, he always buys him an egg sandwich and a coffee when he comes out, usually 3-4 times per week. I'm not sure if they'll go to MA, but who knows, worth a shot.

Logging, Timber Management, Hardwood Lumber in New York & Pennsylvania - Wagner Lumber Sawmills

Yep, Dale I bought it in Gladwin, Bryan there service manager gets me some deals we've been friends since we were kids. The 357 359s also have the same clutch springs as the 562's so they had them in stock for a while. If you keep having problems talk to Bryan im sure he would be able to warranty you out a new clutch. Nice logs, do you have a mill?
Keen -- thanks for info.have band mill come in once or twice a yr.cheaper to hire than to own.finished skidding tops today.looks like warm weather will end swamp cuts.sawing lumber may 4 th. if u are interested.--DDale--

That last picture, Mingo...you're running a little light aren't you? Goin easy on the old pelican...lol..

That last picture, Mingo...you're running a little light aren't you? Goin easy on the old pelican...lol..

Yeah I noticed that was just a so-so drag there myself. Obviously just a hobby logger, just got lucky and is sort of good at it.

I've got a long down hill skid easy pull when you get to the main skid road. Try to take 7 or 8 trees to the hitch, lots of times have 4 or 5 firewood stems on a hitch.

More or less impossible to take too much with the 648 grapple; it can hold what it can hold, and that's all it will hold. I haven't found any hitch it can't move yet....not counting when a tree gets hung just right, or I am in the mud.
I used to over-load the C5D Tree Farmer once in a while though...many trips to the landing where I dropped and winched the whole way..too dumb to get out and drop 2-3. The old girl never made any fuss.

Mingo, thanks for all the feedback on the 562xp. Nice loggin pics too!

My 562 is over a year old now and have had no problems, but I don't use it full time either. Only bad thing is I don't want to run any other saws now, except the 346xp. Well, I still do like the ported 357xp.

Back