562XP 50:1 oil ratio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Ratio?

• Total voters

MidKnight

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Though its stated to run a ratio of 50:1, id like to know what you think running this ratio, or would it be better running 32:1?

I only use synthetic oil and 98 octane fuel

whats your thoughts?

OIL THREAD!!!!

I am firmly in the camp of "Oil is cheaper than bottom ends". Try 40:1 if you don't want to go to 32:1. Folks that study this sort of thing say that More Oil = Better Ring Seal = More Power.

In the end, it's a matter of preference.

Its funny how we can go for weeks without a good oil thread and then they pop out like bunnies from nowhere.

Pick your synthetic, 32:1, tune your saw correctly, don't worry about your bearings or carbon buildup and. Go cut some wood.

Will autotune be able to adjust for different oil amounts?

i find we can stick here all day debating what is better . there is no proven fact that everyone can agree on that 32-1 or 40-1 is better so . pick one and never turn back you cant go wrong with either .

Yay oil threads!

I run 32:1 in all my saws.
Want to know why?
It's what is easiest to mix with my fuel cans and the mix bottles I buy. Nothing more complicated than that.

If you look at the 562's user's manual, husqvarna say 50:1 with Husky branded oil and 33:1 with other synthetic oil.
On a stock 562, you can run 50:1 without problem with synthetic oil (i'm using the Stihl one), you can use the brand that you want, just look at the norm (in Europe, the minimal norm for the 562 is called "EC-B", and the most recent was "EC-D" last time i check).

With 32:1 you can't be wrong either, this is what i'm using since i'm runing ported/modded saws.

With 1:33 our saws (Stihl MS362 & MS192, Jonsered CS2150 & CS2152) smokes terribly bad. The smoke is less disturbing at 1:40. Ideally we therefore run Aspen alkylat with premix 1:50. Our health and wealth is prio.

Back