562XP Project - Who Likes Puzzles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I think I know why I never see Pro Huskies go up for sale in my area. The only dealer near me did not have a single part I needed in stock, and when asked about flashing the module, he said they can do it. I asked how much they charge and he said "$110 an hour" and I asked how long it would take, and he said "an hour and a half" What!!!! I will just try a combination and if it doesn't work, swap the carb. Not paying $300 to get two modules flashed.

And the most annoying thing is, I could have one saw up and running by Monday if I could find the wrist pin bearing, but nobody has one, so I ordered one from SLE, and they said it would be 3 days until the order is processed, and 2 more days to ship it, so there is no chance of it getting here during my holiday break. :angry:

Don't worry if you need the modules flashed im sure someone on this site will do it.

I had a couple guys offer to flash my 562 for me and to just ship the module to them

Like i said i never flashed mine and it runs fine

Yeah, I will just try to get what I have working and then if not, go ahead and swap them. It's not the end of the world. If no combination works, then I will have to seek out help I guess.

Once you get 1 running, don't play with it! DO NOT start it up, let it sit idling for a few minutes, run it half throttle to ease into things, etc... Fire that mother up and put it in the wood wide open ASAP! These saws "learn" and adjust themselves. You need to make several full throttle cuts in good sized wood in a row so it will adjust properly.

Once you get 1 running, don't play with it! DO NOT start it up, let it sit idling for a few minutes, run it half throttle to ease into things, etc... Fire that mother up and put it in the wood wide open ASAP! These saws "learn" and adjust themselves. You need to make several full throttle cuts in good sized wood in a row so it will adjust properly.
I have heard this, but wasnt aware to do this right out of the gate. Thank you.

I use one of these saws every day that the weather allows me to work. Ive noticed that it takes them about 30 seconds to adjust themselves for temp, elevation, humidity, etc.... As soon as I start it for the first cut of the day I will MAYBE blip the throttle a 3rd of the way or so 2 or 3 times then put it to the wood. About the time the bar gets a little past buried shes adjusted and screaming like it should.

Making some progress on the saw today. My crankcase came early so I had to get started. I might have jumped the gun on a few things, and may have to take them back apart, oh well.

I got the crankcase mounted to the frame, got the coil, flywheel, side cover, lower carb area cover (not sure what its called) felling dawg, part of the chain brake, and pull starter installed.

If I had my oil hose and wrist pin bearings, I could get this thing fully assembled.

The biggest issues so far are the screws are not listed by size, so I have to guess based on the diagram. And the screw holes in this new crankcase are not tapped. But I am making some progress.

Here she is as of right now.
20191220_173555.jpg
And one with the top cover and chain brake on just to see what she will look like.
20191220_174642.jpg

I think I'm going to like this saw.

I use one of these saws every day that the weather allows me to work. Ive noticed that it takes them about 30 seconds to adjust themselves for temp, elevation, humidity, etc.... As soon as I start it for the first cut of the day I will MAYBE blip the throttle a 3rd of the way or so 2 or 3 times then put it to the wood. About the time the bar gets a little past buried shes adjusted and screaming like it should.
I will remember this.

I'm going to need to do something about this ugly bastard. Guess I will be picking up some paint, since I cant afford to powder coat it.
20191220_180549.jpg

Putting this one together is making me aware of all the little pieces I am missing for the second saw. All minor parts, but it's still annoying.

If that wear on the grey really bugs you that bad, the five series XPs probably aren't for you.

Or you could find an orange 545 cover, but you'll still have the cases.
It only bugs me because the crankcase is brand new and it just sticks out like a sore thumb. Plus I'm a tool polisher from way back.

Little panic attack, I forgot to check to see if the new crankcase came with seals installed before putting on flywheel and side cover, but I did take a picture.

Can anybody confirm that is actually the seal I am looking at?
20191220_162805.jpg

It looks like it to me, but a second opinion would make me feel better about it.

And while you are looking at this picture, what are the two holes near the crank for? I cant find anything in the parts diagram for that area.

If that wear on the grey really bugs you that bad, the five series XPs probably aren't for you.

Or you could find an orange 555 cover, but you'll still have the cases.

I thought the 555 was small mount and 562 large mount? The 555 cover fits 562 with no mods?

Yah. Your saw may just have to be hideous. You probably should just bin the project now.

Huh? You lost me at bin the hideous saw project..
Just trying to find out for sure if the 555 clutch cover fits 562 before I pull out the wallet and apologies to OP for derail. Thanks.

Little panic attack, I forgot to check to see if the new crankcase came with seals installed before putting on flywheel and side cover, but I did take a picture.

Can anybody confirm that is actually the seal I am looking at?
View attachment 781714

It looks like it to me, but a second opinion would make me feel better about it.

And while you are looking at this picture, what are the two holes near the crank for? I cant find anything in the parts diagram for that area.

Yes, that is a proper seal. Those cases do come with seals installed. The two holes are the generator mounts for the heated handle, "G" version, just ignore them for your build.

Yes, that is a proper seal. Those cases do come with seals installed. The two holes are the generator mounts for the heated handle, "G" version, just ignore them for your build.
Thank you. That saves me having to take the saw back apart. I got too excited and thought I skipped something.

Back