562xp vs 555 vs 6100 stock shoot out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree but I wanted to try and keep as many variables limited as possible. Looks like I didn't eliminate enough for some.

No, not really - and it isn't only the different chain. We don't know the state of run-in etc. of the different saws + there is the operator factor, as pointed out by others....

The efforts here still were better than in many other comparisons I have seen.

In fact it is borderline to impossible to make 100% fair comparisons by cutting wood, as slight variables in wood structure and operator technique always will be involved + what you do may be ideal for one saw, and not for the other(s). Even if you use the same chain, it will be a little less sharp for each cut. Sharpening between the cuts doesn't solve that issue either, as who are 100% consistent in their sharpening?

I really thought the big discussion would be how close three 555 is to the 562 in a decent sized of hard wood. As a guy looking at Husqvarna this is great info for a guy wanting to save a $100!
I would buy one over the 562xp
You know guys just because I prefer my 6100 doesn't mean I don't enjoy other saws.

It does when you just don't have any more money. Many people are just getting by. Sometimes there just isn't another 50 bucks anywhere.
That is why the 590 is so popular.

Ya no ****. I bought my 590 because I NEEDED a saw and I only had enough $ for that one. What he said is true. Sometimes there really isn't another 50 bucks.

Back