572xp anyone else have one yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidvicious

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’ve put about 7 gallons through it thus far. I use it all day long for everything I cut on the ground and I think the saw is ****ing awesome. With a sharp chain it melts through live oaks. AV is stellar.

I know the saw is nearly brand new to the market but I can’t really find any info on it anywhere. I thought there was a lot of hype over this saw and lots of people would be giving reviews on it but it’s a struggle to find any info whatsoever.

So I guess my questions are; does anyone else own it? What has your experience been like? Is there anything in particular I should pay special attention to?
I noticed mine can get hot as **** if the bar isn’t getting oil for more than a minute and that really freaks me out (I’m talkin the whole saw will be hot to the touch. But I haven’t experienced the hot start issues that the 562xp has). Why do the dawgs suck ass and what can I replace them with?

Thanks in advance.

I added the outer to my saw. Why is your bar not getting oil? Clogged bar? Oil pump turned down?

I added the outer to my saw. Why is your bar not getting oil? Clogged bar? Oil pump turned down?

Yah the bar gets clogged a lot, here in Florida half the trees are rotted to hell in the middle and your saw ends up pushing out sludge. I THINK that’s the culprit. It happens enough to worry me (chain goes flyin off, could boil water with the bar etc.) at least once a week. I’m running the 24” bar it came with.

Yah the bar gets clogged a lot, here in Florida half the trees are rotted to hell in the middle and your saw ends up pushing out sludge. I THINK that’s the culprit. It happens enough to worry me (chain goes flyin off, could boil water with the bar etc.) at least once a week. I’m running the 24” bar it came with.
Putty knife and pick work in the field. At shop just blow them out with air compressor.

Putty knife and pick work in the field. At shop just blow them out with air compressor.

Yeah I usually use my knife and a pine needle but when I’m halfway through a rotted out stump cut that’s 36” across I’m not stoppin for nothin.... and that’s usually when the saw gets so hot and the chain goes a flyin

There are lots of em out there, pretty much trouble free.
13 tanks thru mine, I'm happy. Dawgs?, don;t use em much, there's a big dawg on one of my 372's, it's just in the way.
I agree they’re usually in the way but I like em for stump cuts that are flush to the ground. The dawgs don’t even reach the stump most times. Pain in the ass

Those light weight bars look sick as ****kk!
Thinking about gettin a Sugi for my baby, but I currently like how balanced she is and I’m scared to **** her up.

Are these saws using the same angle cylinder fin orientation as the 562?

It’s nice to know that after one year there are no problems. 7 gallons is a lot of fuel! I probably go through that much in one year for 3 saws!!!!

Are these saws using the same angle cylinder fin orientation as the 562?

It’s nice to know that after one year there are no problems. 7 gallons is a lot of fuel! I probably go through that much in one year for 3 saws!!!!

Yeah the cylinder fin orientation is the same as the 562.

I fell more than I climb so the 572 gets a good workout everyday; I’m actually really happy with its fuel consumption.

Latest posts

Back