575xp operation report.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chain is on right, the bar is upside down in that pic. I flipped it after removing and sharpening the chain. The power head is to the left of the bar. I did sharpen it once but upon closer examination it looks like it could stand to be touched up some more. The bar was new when I started cutting, but I was cutting into some really big, hard stuff when the oiler problem developed.

The drive links have an 82 stamped on them, and the Oregon site has no reference for an 82, so it is either not losted on their site or it is not an Oregon chain.

And yes, the saw is sitting on my weight bench which is in my kitchen.
I have three saws in my kitchen now! But that will end soon:cry:
But I will try the saw's vrs shoe argument lol.

I have three saws in my kitchen now! But that will end soon:cry:
But I will try the saw's vrs shoe argument lol.

Got me beat, I only got 2 and they're both Huskies. However, I have 2 Mac 125's and an 090 in the family room.:clap:

AoD,
Ge that saw back to the dealer and get the oiler checked out. I've never ran or handled a 575 so I cant attest to its performance, but come on man, your sig is just ASKING for trouble on this subject! That's coming from a tried and true husky guy. Also At the end of a bucking cut I can trim the edge and roll the log right off using my 20" bar, just tearing the bark, but I cant do that with my 28"er. It's a matter of feel. get the saw back to the dealer , let them get it dialed in and get comfortable with it. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. ( although I have also heard less than desirable opinions about it. But for God's sake man don't go bashin another saw with one you haven't owned yet!(espacially a stihl) keep us posted on how it goes and i hope it works out for you.

AoD,
Ge that saw back to the dealer and get the oiler checked out. I've never ran or handled a 575 so I cant attest to its performance, but come on man, your sig is just ASKING for trouble on this subject! That's coming from a tried and true husky guy. Also At the end of a bucking cut I can trim the edge and roll the log right off using my 20" bar, just tearing the bark, but I cant do that with my 28"er. It's a matter of feel. get the saw back to the dealer , let them get it dialed in and get comfortable with it. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. ( although I have also heard less than desirable opinions about it. But for God's sake man don't go bashin another saw with one you haven't owned yet!(espacially a stihl) keep us posted on how it goes and i hope it works out for you.

Well said.

Heres some pics that are a bit clearer.

Chain3.jpg

Chain4.jpg

AoD,

Well the dealer told me to adjust the oiler and try it again and if it gives me problems again bring it in and the warranty will cover any repairs. Since then I have found the right way to adjust the oiler and I think I have it set where it belongs. When I try it again I will check my oil consumption after the first big cut and then go from there.

AoD,
+1 Take it back if it is going through a tank of oil before the fuel runs's out! Something is wrong! The biggest oil user I own is my Poulan 2550 it uses almost one full tank of oil to Fuel. but still has a bit of oil left when the the fuel runs out.
But to be a ass It eats 170& 180s Stihls I love to piss off my friends who are Stihl heads with my little beast.Best part is it is 4 years old now and going strong.

One thing you've got to remember is that Stihl guys have very sensitive egos that are easily bruised. If you even hint that Stihl is not royalty, they blackball you and gather in secret meetings to plot ways to try and have you taken out. Make sure you've got a good guard dog and some bars on your windows. They're coming to take you away. :cheers:

One thing you've got to remember is that Stihl guys have very sensitive egos that are easily bruised. If you even hint that Stihl is not royalty, they blackball you and gather in secret meetings to plot ways to try and have you taken out. Make sure you've got a good guard dog and some bars on your windows. They're coming to take you away. :cheers:
No all you need is a big mac they will tuck there tails between there legs and run!Unless it is a older Stihl then it stands a chance to stand it's ground.

Last edited:

Remember only 20" and 28" bars work and must be used in conjunction with each other. Otherwise, they're totally useless.

Latest posts

Back