60cc Saws the "Best" general purpose saw concept proven over time? Maybe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other advantage of small bar mount is the choice of small mount bars that are much lighter giving you an even better wieght advantage when measured with B/C as you would use it. My 555 is pretty nimble and light with a 15" small mount bar. Though many folks run 24" bars on their 562's in the US, each to their own.

Cool thread - thanks for sharing the video. Thats it in a nutshell - most of the work we do around here. We fell some in the woods and cut a lot of cedar posts etc. but this is the jist. My first good saw was a 357xp - an excellent saw; however, influences from this site soon had me selling it and buying a 346 & 372 combo. Can't say I'm not happy I did, but more to the point, both saws are stock and are fantastic tools to use. Maybe the best investment I have made - they get used a lot and save/ make us a lot of money. No real desire here to hop them up, maybe someday a muffler mod, but run great as is. With the amount of stuff we do: fencerow cleaning to larger felling I can't think of a better combo. The 372 came in handy to drop a 36" leaning willow on the weekend! But... if I didn't have the money at the time I am sure my 357 would have served me well! Thanks again for sharing.

Every time I consider getting a larger saw I just run my 6100 and all is well.
I took mine out this afternoon to noodle a ton of big rounds to make them easier to handle and split. I also added a tach as a tuning aid.
And if you watch close you can see a 6100 noodling a 22" round and never dropping below 10,100 . Ya 60cc saws rock. Or at least mine does.

I believe there are issues fitting a 562 stuffed crank into a 555 case. IIRC, it's a little wider.
Something I plan to find out, 2260 is essentially that. Question is whether the crank bearing to bearing distance is different on a non stuffed vs, stuffed 562 or are the cases different. The 562 stuffers take space..... I'm betting the 555 crank is wider by the thickness of the two stuffers sheet metal. Hoping.

Something I plan to find out, 2260 is essentially that. Question is whether the crank bearing to bearing distance is different on a non stuffed vs, stuffed 562 or are the cases different. The 562 stuffers take space..... I'm betting the 555 crank is wider by the thickness of the two stuffers sheet metal. Hoping.
I suspect you're right. An all orange 562 would be nice.

It would be interesting if they had to increase the case volume in order to add the stuffers!

The other advantage of small bar mount is the choice of small mount bars that are much lighter giving you an even better wieght advantage when measured with B/C as you would use it. My 555 is pretty nimble and light with a 15" small mount bar. Though many folks run 24" bars on their 562's in the US, each to their own.

Yes, and that is important to many users.

The crank case assy is the same between the 2260 (with stuffers) and the 2258 (without stuffers).

I've thrown a lot of money at junk saws, and brought them all back to life. Ultimately worth it? maybe not. But, I don't have to go down the street to rely on a saw mechanic anymore. Plus, even "senseless" adventures are being catalogued here on the net/youtube and can give others direction. In the end, not senseless at all.

It would be interesting if they had to increase the case volume in order to add the stuffers!
I remember the disassembled pictures of the Husqvarna new top handle t540 had a lot of space around a crank with stuffers. It sure looked to me some of that was used for flow path for fuel mixture to get out of the crank cavity.

Latest posts

Back