• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 70cc-80cc saw.. husky or stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mes261

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Looking for a stihl 440, 441, 460, 461 Husky 365 (70.7 cc x torq model), 372xp, ect...
Not looking to spend too much. $400-$600 range. I'd like it to be a nice clean strong saw.
thanks

Ok I'm going to be honest... I'd really like a newer 441, 461 as far as stihl goes. Same for Husky... newer 365 or 372. By "newer" I mean maybe 1-3 years old. Not completely opposed to the older 460, 440 if the price is right though. I'm new to buying used saws and especially new to buying and having shipped a piece of power equipment without even seeing it in person or running it. I see saws on here that I'm sure they are fine but look beat up. I guess I just need to know that the person I buy from has a good reputation. Just a little paranoid. Thats all!! lol
thanks for your help!

Keith is good to go. I've bought and traded with him and been to his house and cut wood with them.

While it makes sense to look for a saw without a lot of miles on it, neither age nor general cosmetic condition are good indicators. There are plenty of low-hour older saws that have seen only light duty, and which can be put into top shape with minimal effort and expense. It also takes little time or effort to do major damage to a new saw.

BTW, since you don't seem to be a brand loyalist, add a Dolmar/Makita 7900 to your list of potentials.

I bought a used 440 from a member here several years ago. I had read his posts for about 4 years here and he had a good rep. We shared several pms about the saw complete with pictures and descriptions. I know it can be hard to send money to someone you don't know or have never met. There are several good saws for sale currently in the trading post. Good luck on your decision.

I'm no small engine mechanic. I can do basic maintenance ect... Stock is what I was thinking but not opposed to mm or ported. Just want something that's been taken care of and something that the history of the saw is known. I don't want to be that anal guy but again... I'm new to all the mods and what not. If a saw is ported, is that harder on the saw? I can only compare to a car... If you mod it, yes its faster/more powerful, but it makes the reliability go down. Don't know if this is the case with 2 cycle. I'd love to learn some things while I'm here so if anyone wants to give me a crash course on saw mods feel free!!!

troylee... find me one!!! lol So that means a 372 "like new" maybe 650? I'm not in a huge hurry but that sounds like a good price if I found one that was " like new"

Back