880 vs 084

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not yet, Ed’s working on the 088 right now and I’ve got an Alaskan 36” mill ordered for the 3120.

I think it would be really fun to have a get together and run and compare bunches of stock big saws. 084s, 088s, 3120s , 090 and some other older monsters. Would be a gas to run them one after another in some wood, like 40 inches or bigger.

That would be a fun day, and there would be a whole lot of shavings on the ground afterwards.

I'm up for it. Yes, there wood be shavings on the ground! Yes it wood be a blast! Monster rooster tails of big chips--SG2M (sounds good 2 me)
:chainsawguy: :hmm3grin2orange: :chainsawguy: :hmm3grin2orange:

Hmm... I'm wrong.. The HT doesn't have removable jets. I was confused with the 088 carbs.

I'll look into the differences between the HT7 and 1 etc. I've never had an HT7 that I couldn't lean out..

Uh oh.. I wasn't wrong...

The HT7 has a fixed jet of 0.90mm. It can be simply unscrewed and replaced by the 0.88 for higher altitude, or several other jets for whatever purpose.......... the 088 jets fit - 1.00mm and 1.04.

Hoss - your HT7 is likely just faulty...

I want to be right in the middle when you are running them back to back, better than any hi-fi. Is CAD the same as having an affair, costs about the same, limitless, and if done properly, you go home sore and ready for sleep.

Back