about out of wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll tell you what, if I ever did run out of wood, I sure wouldn't mention it here! :msp_razz:

Ted

It's called tough love, Ted. Think of the dozens of freezing kids at the 'Stache ranch. We gotta make sure Unc gets out there and does his provider duty.

HOW CAN A MEMBER HERE RUN OUT OF WOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously tho, no way your out with the posts you had this year. Many people have said there running out too. I don't get it. I have a full time job, with a full time lazy family, and full time lazy friends. I am still able to scrounge, split, and stack, about 25 cord a year. With plenty of time to goof off. 2 mo in the spring, 1 in the fall, eves anweekendsds only. Not hard at all.

UNC. SHAME ON YOU. SEND YOUR FIREWOOD CARD IN, YOU HAVE ALSO BEEN BANNED TILL NEXT WINTER.

His half hour is 28 min for the pill to kick in and 2 min for the deed!

Or could be 2 min for the deed and 28 min for a nap!?

:laugh: you guys are killing me! :laugh:

Poor unc! can't get any firewood sympathy, now, getting his manhood stomped on! :laugh:

Y'all need bigger boots to stomp on my manhood!! :rock:

Yup, if Unc was looking for sympathy he definitely came to the wrong place. :laugh:

Haven't seen him on here much lately. Maybe he's out scrounging some wood to keep his tribe warm.

Not far off the mark here. Having to work extra hours to pay for some unexpected expenses. Tranny went out in the limo, bought a truck, and yesterday I just ordered a topper for the truck, thinking I had enough money when a big bill I forgot about arrived! :bang:

HOW CAN A MEMBER HERE RUN OUT OF WOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UNC. SHAME ON YOU. SEND YOUR FIREWOOD CARD IN, YOU HAVE ALSO BEEN BANNED TILL NEXT WINTER.

Oh, no! Be kind to a poor old geezer! You have any idea how long it takes to comb this stache out every day???:msp_wink:

Besides, all the tree jobs I had last year were for poplar and soft maple. I was holding out for some hardwoods, but they never came along until this year. I've got 4 cords of oak, hickory and mulberry all split and stacked, waiting to burn next year! :clap:

And I've got a couple places to get more wood, even if it means I have to pay. I'm all right with that.

Besides, all the tree jobs I had last year were for poplar and soft maple. I was holding out for some hardwoods, but they never came along until this year. I've got 4 cords of oak, hickory and mulberry all split and stacked, waiting to burn next year! :clap:

The time for holding out is AFTER you've got plenty to keep you warm. With 400 children and a crop in the fields (Sorry Kenny Rogers!) there shouldn't be any shortage of help keeping the stove full of the low grade stuff. If I held out for the good stuff, I'd be out of wood by January too, or have my woods barren of oak within a few years.

Yup, still riding ya like a rented mule. Get out there and cut!

The time for holding out is AFTER you've got plenty to keep you warm. With 400 children and a crop in the fields (Sorry Kenny Rogers!) there shouldn't be any shortage of help keeping the stove full of the low grade stuff. If I held out for the good stuff, I'd be out of wood by January too, or have my woods barren of oak within a few years.

Kinda the postition I am in this year, wood shed is full of low grade fuel like Poplar, walnut, pine, and maple. Sadly, that was what came along last year in tree jobs. Of the six tree jobs that I did that were oak, the homeowners decided to keep the wood themselves.But I went ahead and filled the wood shed anyway, plus a good bit more in covered stacks to compensate for the poor wood quality. Then, as luck would have it, I landed an all oak job. Six oaks to come out of a front yard, and three of them exceeded 36 inches at the base.I even debated about taking out the trash wood out of the wood sheds and replacing it with the oak, but I reckon I am just to lazy to do that, so I covered the oak on skids.

Reckon I just need to get busy and build another wood shed to hold everything I cart home!

I was out

I was all out of wood for this year but then i dropped 2 good standing deads that are good to burn.
Filled up my back shed a little bit:msp_thumbup:

Haha. I think that was 4 hungry children. However, in unclemustache's case you may be close. :laugh:

Andy

Haha. I think that was 4 hungry children. However, in unclemustache's case you may be close. :laugh:

Andy

Andy, I just used that line because I don't know how many times I heard it when it came out before I figured that out. I thought maybe they was running an orphanage or somethin. Funny how little things like that stick in your head for 30 odd years. I used to sing a little karaoke back in the day, always sang 400 just to see if anyone noticed. No one ever did, probably from the earplugs they were wearing when I sang...:jester:

Really?? Senior member on a chainsaw forum out of wood mid January? Dude, put some clothes on, go outside, cut wood. I've read enough here to know you have a saw, a truck, and kids. Short of some crippling disability, not much of any excuse. Giddy up!:greenchainsaw:

View attachment 272564
Gotta keep them kids warm.

This is awesome, everyone pulling together for a member in need. Love this place.
Hey, do we all need to meet up at the 'stache ranch for a farwood GTG. Maybe have a bonfire afterwards... :givebeer::hmm3grin2orange:

Heh heh, love that guillotine. :rock:

3La3l23H65Nb5E65K4d1a5cc21af54a411f22.jpg

Heh heh, love that guillotine

I must be on this site way tooooooo much. First thing I thought of when I saw that pic was, "wonder if it could split wood?"

Latest posts

Back