about out of wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta admit, I'm out of wood too...

I too ran out because I didn't get my new saw till Thanksgiving ...(at least that is the excuse I gave the wife to justify buying the saw). yeah I know i would have needed it a year ago to get seasoned wood, but shhh...she don't know that....:biggrinbounce2:

Anyway when I bought my property a few years back, I noticed that there were areas of huge manzanita bushes/trees (like 12'x12' with branches 8-10" in dia at the base) that were dead or dying due to excessive growth of the overstory pines and oaks shading them out. I knew there would be lots of work clearing that out one day and burning it in a brush pile. Now my once problem is my gold mine as now I head out on the weekends to cut dead manzanita for firewood and I am clearing the property at the same time. I feel like a real scrounger but hey, it heats even better than the seasoned oak. It sure is hard on the chain though. Dulls a nice sharp blade in a couple of hours easy.

I learned my lesson, I'll be back to cutting green oak this spring and stocking up. And I know I'm a lightweight being in CA where daytime temps are 40-50 F and nights are in the 20-30's. You folks in the midwest and north are hardcore when it comes to winter. I can't imagine running out in those conditions. :bowdown:

I don't know, I call shenanigans on Unc (someones sittin' back and laughin').

I say pics or it hasn't happened.

Here you go, smarty pants.

attachment.php

This isn't actually my woodpile, but mine looks kind of like this one, only without any wood in it.
:msp_sneaky::D

And yes, I'm sitting back and laughing. You guys crack me up!!!!

And all this talk about sex is making me frisky again. Pardon me, I'll be back in 1/2 hour or so.

View attachment 272273

As for you, Unc, it's time to hit the local factories, hardware stores, implement dealers, you name it for whatever scrap pallets and timbers you can find and mix em in with some greener stuff.

That and get out there and cut. We don't wanna hear it again next year. Really.

I got a deal with a factory near work that lets me cut skids they get steel in on. I mix it in with my split wood and it streches out my supply.:msp_smile:

I see two options to keep the house warm.
Stay in bed all the time and let friction keep the house warm.
Or go get some more wood.

U might have to buy yourself a cord or two if you are that low on wood.

Try all the lumber yards, ask if they have a pile of hardwood cuttoffs or even softwood they would like to see gone.
Visiting a few of them might haul you in quite a bit of free wood.
Pallets are another good source of hardwood, just takes time to prep them for the woodstove.
Put a couple adds in CL or Kijiji for free wood or tree removal.
Go wandering in the woods with a hand cart, always down trees and fallen limbs for the taking.

And all this talk about sex is making me frisky again. Pardon me, I'll be back in 1/2 hour or so.

1/2 hour? Are you kidding me?Anyone tell you it aint supposed to be a race?:msp_biggrin:

Josh, I would drag out the phone book and see if you can locate a local sawmill, often the smaller ones have slabs laying around from the mill and most are dang glad to get rid of them. First year we moved here that was all I burned was slab wood. I would chunk a saw in the truck, go get a load and back it right up to the back porch and load up the wood rack, it was all tinder dry and no splitting required for most of it.

I say that you should have plenty of construction materials left over from reconstruction after your "work" pics

Uncle Mustache Work Pics

You could always burn some left over 2x4's, roofing materials, birdhouses, and any other materials from you previous jobs.

Last edited:
He could burn all of the citations the cops gave him last year,that alone should tie him over till spring...

His half hour is 28 min for the pill to kick in and 2 min for the deed!:msp_scared:

2 minutes? At the end of 2 minutes I've already been asleep for a minute and a half!

:msp_scared: :yourock: :waaaht:

Poor unc! can't get any firewood sympathy, now, getting his manhood stomped on! :laugh:

Last edited:
Yup, if Unc was looking for sympathy he definitely came to the wrong place. :laugh:

Haven't seen him on here much lately. Maybe he's out scrounging some wood to keep his tribe warm.

I think he said he was going to small claims court to "handle some business":msp_scared:

I haven't read this whole thread but, dude, really? Seriously? Winter is just starting. I think wood heat might not be for you. Just sayin.

Maybe he was thinking he had wood!, not that he needed wood?:help:

Latest posts

Back