Addicted to Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love runnin the saws, splittin & stackin...not so much but its a good feeling when its all split and stacked and waiting to be recycled for the last time!!!:clap:

wood is so awesome man I just love it. When i think of all the woods I have cut and split, climbed, widdled and stacked i get a little happier from the sweet smell. When I run out I simply go get more and it challenges me man!! simply challenges me. Sometimes dudes call me up and offer me free wood...thats the ultimate. Theres a fella who says he will buy wood from me anytime I have it. You cant beat the woods man...bring it on...more and more of the
WOODS MAN:boss::chainsawguy:

After a long season everyone in my crew is sick of the woodsman, it starts out fun, but after a hard six month grind, no one really wants to see yet alone handle another stick of wood.

no...cannot be...remind them of the strength we can gain from the woods man.

Sad but true, even though we're behind 45-50 cord, we didn't touch a saw ot stick of wood today. Everyone is pretty much toast, burned out. We've got several cord laying at the landing, they wouldn't even go load wood today.

I am sorry to hear that, but you know what...the truth is...its ok.
Its ok to let it sit for as long as you like, its like wine and cheese it gets better with age!

Ever notice how the word Tree is in such close resemblance to Free question mark. I am addictede to wood~ anykind of goodwood. If its free or not. If wood is free I will take it for sure, then maybe sell it to someone. You really cant beat that, can you question mark
Usually when we have woods at the end of the day, if I havent agreed to include a clean up with the estimate I gave, sure if the customer says its free, then I will take it, and its free to me. Alot of the time i will just give it to my good pal andrus, he had an injury last winter and well I didnt think he wood be doing too much wood splittin this past summer and fall. He always appreciates the woods, plus I dont typically bring him anything but hardwoods. Occasionally I will bring softwoods, but only when his stock of kindling could use replenishing. I personally like Cedrus for kindling, he likes pine or even tamarack or I have seen him hang onto spruce, but it wood have to be dead for it to be any good for the pile.:chainsaw:

I am guilty as charged. Its only unlawful if I act on that 20" oak in my neighbors yard, right??

Agreed with many above. I've only been doing it a few years, but I really enjoy working on the wood pile, and all the hard work, smells, btu's, and tasty beverages that go with it.
Is it unlawful to act on the 20" Oak in your neighbors? Lets see! do they ever go on vacation? LOL
Hello my name is Ray" LMAO!!!!
:cheers:

you must have neighbours permission to poke fun at neighbours wood haul. even though its beauty is unresistable the woods will be there tomorrow when your permission to slay has been granted.:)

Collections world renown for their beauty and are unlikely to be seen if yee dont seek to see. My most favorite is the grain patterns in the exotic woods of the world, i did look at some grains very closely while in Brazil. Later finding that the country was named after the woods...the redwoods to be precise. This was so fascinating, maps were to be found easily, showing the the original travellers trails where the potugeuse were settling the lands.

Latest posts

Back