And I thought I was lazy......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Junkfxr,did you leave any room in the barrel for expansion? and if i added stabil that i aready had would help too? maybe last a little longer?

I left room in the barrels but it wasn't for expansion, just happened to be where the even dollar amount at the gas pump cut off. The barrels that I use say 15 gallon but they will hold almost 17, I usually put about 16 or so in them. I try to fill them when it's warm, they will expand in hot temperatures and suck the sides in when it gets cold, makes getting the plugs out a real pain with all of that vacuum built up in them. As far as stabilizer goes, I don't use it, the only additive that gets used around here is anti bacteria for diesel fuel and an occasional can of Sea Foam in something, usually in the truck to clean out the injectors.

Yep, those are the ones. I figured that they are as sealed as they can get. We bounce all over the place on the four wheelers, and have never noticed any fuel or fumes coming from them. On a hot day when you open them the fumes coming rushing out with a woosh. But, it may be just as you said, they dont seal completly.

Where do yall ride, Tellico? Wonderful place. Too bad so many people want it closed. We only have a couple of small trails designated in the National forest here to ride other than on private land.

Back