Another wood burning ban

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to reply to that guys post too but I thought about it and decided not to.

He's from 'Western Nebraska' and I didn't think I could use enough small and simple words for him to be able to understand my post. That's my fault...I can't communicate well using just grunts and gestures.

I thought about just using emoticons but I didn't know if he had anybody there to explain them to him. I didn't want him to think we'd sent him a cartoon and get all embarrassed when somebody told him what all the little symbols really meant.

I guess if he wants to hunt Californians he can come out here...or try to. Is Greyhound still offering special fares for the sociologically challenged? Are the border guards still giving IQ tests prior to admittance and do the IQ results still have to be 5 points higher than the outside air temperature? It's winter time...maybe he'll be okay. Are people with more tattoos than teeth still being disqualified?

Let me know...there may be others.

Ok I retract what I said earlier. Clearly we do not need to hunt California's. Heck you could get rid of half of em with just a scratch and sniff sticker in the bottom of the pool, and you don't have to get you hands dirty. Then that would just leave the military personal.

I just checked the weather forecast for my local area in Northern Calif and saw this Air Quality Alert, thought it was relevant to this discussion:

Air Quality Alert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AIR QUALITY ALERT MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RENO NV
823 AM PST SAT JAN 5 2013

NVZ003-070000-
GREATER RENO-CARSON CITY-MINDEN AREA-
823 AM PST SAT JAN 5 2013

THE WASHOE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT HAS ISSUED A RED BURN CODE
FOR INCREASING LEVELS OF FINE PARTICULATE POLLUTION AND THE
PERSISTENT TEMPERATURE INVERSION ACROSS SOUTHERN WASHOE COUNTY AND
THE TRUCKEE MEADOWS.

THE RED BURN CODE IS IN EFFECT FOR RENO...SPARKS AND SOUTHERN
WASHOE COUNTY FROM WASHOE VALLEY TO SILVER KNOLLS.

THE USE OF FIREPLACES...WOOD STOVES...AND PELLET STOVES IS
PROHIBITED UNTIL WEATHER CONDITIONS IMPROVE. FOR MORE INFORMATION
CALL THE WASHOE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT RECORDED AIR QUALITY
MESSAGE AT 775-785-4110.

$$

HTTP://WEATHER.GOV/RENO

Here's the link, but it'l probably go dead once the forecast updates:
National Weather Service Watch Warning Advisory Summary quality alert

Note: Not California...

Latest posts

Back