Any actual problems with Amsoil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bwalker said:
Are you aware who makes the base oils for your beloved Amsoil? Ill give you a hint...its not Amsoil as the dont produce any raw materials..
"MY BELOVED AMSOIL"????????? I only use it in ONE VEHICLE!!!!!! PLease read more carefully. In that one application however I have been very pleased with its performance thus far.

Wonder if anyone here actually remembers what the orginal question was... if you have to look - then you don't remember:dizzy:

View attachment 29914

Found an old picture hangin' in the woods today. Could it be that this **** is that old. Could itbe that it has found its way into the Canadian market. Stay tuned as this and other spectacular events will unfold here at the arborist site. LOL.

Too see pic clic on JPG string at top left.

Arnie

Last edited:
Wonder if anyone here actually remembers what the orginal question was... if you have to look - then you don't remember
I have been inside several motors ran on Amsoil Dominator that looked like crap and have tested the previous 100:1 formulation and wasnt at all impressed.

Why me, of course!!!!

I was checking out the new advanced search features and dug up some old
goodies. The climate is ripe for some oil thread wars, so I thought I would dig
up this old ghost of yesteryear......

Why me, of course!!!!

I was checking out the new advanced search features and dug up some old
goodies. The climate is ripe for some oil thread wars, so I thought I would dig
up this old ghost of yesteryear......

I run 15-1 amsoil 15-1 stihl ultra 15-1 lawn boy ashless. Not a problem yet......except I'm terrible at math

I've used Amsoil in my boat and chainsaw until about two years ago at 100-1. My 30 year plus partner chainsaw has 150 psi been using it for about 15 years in both. I have not seen any problems yet. Its getting harder to get so I've been using Stihl in my saws and boat.

I don't use Amspoil. Valvoline oil in the cars, Stihl and Quaker State in the saws, Quiksilver in the Merc XR2, and Royal Purple in the Ski-Doos. Royal Purple actually does work. I remember an episode of Horsepower TV where the guys put fresh engine oil in the 95 Stang, and dyno tested it. Then did another fresh engine oil change, with Royal Purple. They picked up 5 horsepower. No bs. I'll post a vid if I can find one. I think the competing oil they used was full synthetic high-end brand, either Mobil or the best the other top manufacturers offered at the time.

Well, couldn't find that one of the Mustang with the test done on it, but did find this one. Mind you, these fluids were somewhat "old" so gains should be expected with any fluid change, however, I still think RP brings more out than most, of not all other brand oils.

[video=youtube;Ej1PKwhW8zk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej1PKwhW8zk[/video]

I will let you guys now how my MXZ 440 looks inside when I rack up the miles to the point that it needs new rings. It's got 8500 miles now, and has 120 psi in both cylinders. Most of its life, it's been running either Ski-Doo dino oil, or Ski-Doo XP-S full synthetic. Royal Purple is actually a few buck cheaper than the XP-S at our local Ski-Doo dealer. One more reason to try it. Just MHO.

Last edited:
I have used Amsoil in my 046 at 50:1. It was the saber stuff. It seemed to work well, but I didn't bother tearing the thing apart. I only did it for 4 or 5 months. I still have a large bottle(12 ounces?) of it a bud gave me for christmas. I wonder if there's anything wrong running it at 50:1?

As far as dyno's go - they do lie. The operator also has to be consistent Here is my old Hemi Dodge Ram with an automatic in two runs less than 2 minutes apart from each other. They are wildly different in their results, and nothing was done to the truck in the meantime other than letting her cool a bit in front of the fan. All the operator did was gun it in drive. Did it gain 5 hp and and then lose 80 ft lbs of torque because I was considering using Amsoil on the next oil change?:

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

I stand corrected on the dyno issue. I would imagine Joe (HP TV guy in vid) is quite consistent, as he has been working with testing cars on dynos for years, much longer than someone who was working at a dyno shop that's only been around for a while.

Latest posts

Back