Any one cut fire wood with a "vintage" saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been tearing up some firewood with my 056magII Bought it at a great deal and needed a new clutch and runs like a champ!!
I'm surprised nobody found an old Stihl 041 Farm Boss Pic. Even better, what about the 045?
Stihl 045 AV 2.JPG
Stihl 045 AV 1.JPG
I guess it was too big and tough to cut just firewood.

045? What the heck is that lol. 041 super? Again what the heck is that?

That's one reason I really stihl, there are so many models then then tack on a super or magnum and it's completely different and better.

045? What the heck is that lol. 041 super? Again what the heck is that?

That's one reason I really stihl, there are so many models then then tack on a super or magnum and it's completely different and better.

Is the old farm boss with a bit more umph [emoji57]pushes it into the 70cc class

One problem that raises it's head if you cut for any length of time with a none AV saw is the vibration & I find the older you get the more (in my case) the sooner I notice it being pins & needles in my hands left more so than right wearing wet suit type glove help but having to wear much to big chain saw gloves over the top for protection makes for some what clumsy operation so just shorter periods more for fun & then resort to the all singing;dancing, AV equipped modern crap :clap:

Still run a Jonsereds 621 on a semi regular basis, goes great, plenty of torque but she does weigh a fair bit. Also run a husky 394xp and my go to wood saw is my 029 super which I've just converted to a .325 pitch which made it that much better again.

Latest posts

Back