Any one ride the pick down?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cleared my inbox, squad, which also included the link you sent me. Sorry. I'll take a look at it if you want to send it again.

Buzzid, I've seen the pics, was actually kinda scary that pic from your last day in NYC, lookin like a gaunt little vegan or some ####, don't JM feed you boys when you're out of town? lol

kinda tired at this point....

46403_10152288020215593_508300751_n.jpg

all kidding aside.

where you guys going to work this tree from? the hung up leader on the left was over 8k if memory serves correct.
nice picture , but you still haven't answered the original question of this thread ..... And besides we all know that you like posing with a huge stick behind you ! And I would eat that tree up with a bucket or by hand and I have pics to prove it

you always did have a hankering for finger food....

hate to break it to you , big fella but those breaks are at 70ft.... you're bucket ain't gonna cut it. that and we don't have the luxury of spending all day on one tree and the rule was no damage to the other trees...

I dunno I am looking at it from 200 ft away , figure it the hell out for damn sure , I enjoy the view though , prolly tip tie off the tree that its leaning on , take out the top and pull the trunk into the hole , ya know a little murphing and complex rigging , you know what I am talking about Justin your just tearing em up with a crane that's all well and good but I can figure some #### out as well ....... Buddy

ve9equzu.jpg
a9ery8av.jpg
same grouping of trees 3 hours later , by hand no magic stick just me and a saw LOL ! And all three were completely uprooted and loose and weight bearing the roof ,

Last edited:
aaaaand this is a crane thread, no? but like i said we don't have the luxury of screwing the pooch, if we spent three hours per tree we'd get thrown off the contract.

if you ductape two rake handles together and stuff them in your butt and sprinted around the yard, blakes, you'd really speed up your clean up times.

eddie has this technique down pat. he even tapes an extra rake to his forearms and goes four rakes deep running through the yard... he's nasty at fall clean ups too. never uses the backpack blower.....

3 hours and 4 setups , well yea someone has to pay the payments on all that #### , and if that was a rake handle it would be for a 12 ft Man and we all know they aren't made that long

Yeah I'd be careful too what you say and show in public. No problem

And still spurless? I know doin how you do its not a necessity....but a pair of light-weights with short gaffs you'd hardly notice. Especially in the rain on those hardwoods!

And still spurless? I know doin how you do its not a necessity....but a pair of light-weights with short gaffs you'd hardly notice. Especially in the rain on those hardwoods!

I leave my gaffs on the ground whenever I can in crane gigs. Spruces and white pines don't ever need them for the most part. Reason is I'm up, down and all over the place when craning. It slows down production to be taking the spikes off and on all the time.

Back