Are there too many Sticky threads in the Chainsaw forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are there too many "sticky" threads in the Chainsaw forum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree.

The threads that are really and truly used every day, like the Beg for Manuals thread, deserve a sticky.

The others, I say unsticky them and let nature take its course.

Another forum I frequent has decided to set up a separate page for all the threads many people agreed were sticky's. Register and post in the "get to know you" thread, which resides as the top sticky...makes sure nooby's see them, and those that want to see who's new stop by the portal page first anyway.

I voted no. There's plenty of room on my 24" monitor for more threads.

Well, I am on my spare one, that is only 14" or so - don't ask on here how my main one went out of commition......:bang::bang:

Someone on here knows, but I still don't - it is still under investigation, but not locally.

Last edited:
The moderators should limit the stickys from a minimum of three to a maximum of five. They should create a folder for stickys that are on the page for over six months. The current number is too many IMHO.

:angrysoapbox:

I voted yes since I find scrolling down 2/3 of the page to be annoying. If the user could minimize the annoying advertising banner that would be an improvement too. Not sure the sponsors would be happy about that one. While we're at it threads older than 6 months should be closed. Many times someone will post to a thread where the existing information is already obsolete. They could just start a new thread if that wanted to acquire new information on an old topic. My 2 cents. ;)

Keep the "swap meet" "Lakes muff mod" "chainsaw FAQ" and "ref links". I like for the upcoming GTGs to stay up also, then let them be a normal thread after the date is over. I don't think many of the newbies use the FAQ and ref links either.:laugh:

So yeah, keep those and trash the rest.:chainsawguy:

Isn't this just "regurgitating"????

sticky/newby/beginner questions/etc??????

There are countless wasted "forums" and their space here.......

Latest posts

Back