Are there too many Sticky threads in the Chainsaw forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are there too many "sticky" threads in the Chainsaw forum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lakeside's "how to" threads were awesome, but why single out his muffler mod thread to be a sticky ? If we are going to be that way, why not sticky Lake's 066 oil pump thread(s), too ? For that matter, perhaps we should sticky everything Lake ever posted ? :laugh:

IMHO, that's what search is for.

"Beg for Manuals" and upcoming GTG's. Let the rest float.

i merged the muffler threads, ant the reference threads and i think you should look and see that there are only a few stickies.

If your using google chrome or mozilla you can get a attachment tool called ad-block, it allows you to remove the ads you don't want to see. I used it to block all the top banner ads and it makes for a nicer browser experience.

i think this is a good idea if on a smart-phone

i merged the muffler threads, ant the reference threads and i think you should look and see that there are only a few stickies.

Where were you last month? :)

Thanks, that makes it much easier to read!

Can you explain why subforums don't easily show up?

Although now I've a blank forum showing up for hotsaws.

it just says:

(7 Viewing)
Discuss all phases of hotsaws and timbersports.

again, thanks.

I did'nt read through this but I voted yes also.

Seems they could put alot of the muffler mod and things like thast in the FAQ's. Or they could just have one sticky thread with all of them inside with links to each one.

I am sure that some of those that voted "no" did so just because I suggested "yes" - but I don't really care! :greenchainsaw:

The point was made anyway! :cheers:

But Troll, I voted yes just because you did - I hope you care! :cheers:

Sure, and so far we won, a lot of the earlier stickies are gone - but watch out for dirty tricks! :cheers:

I think the the "ref link" one should go as well, even though I had a large part in creating it - too many of the links are outdated!

Last edited:
I voted NO. I was hoping for a few more sticky's actually. I liked having the branded sticky's so that way it was very easy to keep track of them. I noticed the sticky's were gona last night browsing on my IPhone at work and was like WTF. Even for such a small screen they didnt bother me.

The only people "Boo HOOING" over the sticky's are the older folks with the coke bottle glasses and 12 year old monitors when 13" was HUGE. :chainsaw:

PUT THE STICKY"S BACK!!!! :cheers:

Back