Are there too many Sticky threads in the Chainsaw forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are there too many "sticky" threads in the Chainsaw forum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With. They typically don't have any brand war BS, just real facts about a particular make. Most of the guys that know anything stick to those threads anyway.:cheers:

Its nice having them there because you don't get 30 emails a day saying there was a post in such an such thread because you don't have to subscribe to them...they are right there and easy to find.

W/o them there I find myself just starting new threads cause i dont wanna search for the brand specific thread.

Gary's oil thread should be a sticky to :cheers:

Its nice having them there because you don't get 30 emails a day saying there was a post in such an such thread because you don't have to subscribe to them...they are right there and easy to find.

W/o them there I find myself just starting new threads cause i dont wanna search for the brand specific thread.

Gary's oil thread should be a sticky to :cheers:

:agree2:

The brands that most new members ask about isn't there, just some old US brands that haven't made a decent saw in a long time, and never will again! :greenchainsaw:

Their better saws are collectors items, and questions will usually be answered anyway - without a "sticky", as there are lots of interested collectors on here.

Actually, Sticky Husky, Jonsered and Stihl threads would make more sence, but no-one would even consider asking for that!

Huh, who would have imagined that? Folks on a US chainsaw forum would have a interest in US branded chainsaws, including collectors models.

Sorry that you had to endure those three stickies all that time! I know it had to be painfull and a great inconvenience to have to scroll part way down a page.

Just so you know I will be voteing no anyway and not because you suggested it. We just happen to disagree on this point on the brand threads as I thought it was great to have them all, and I enjoyed visiting all of them.

Lakeside's "how to" threads were awesome, but why single out his muffler mod thread to be a sticky ? If we are going to be that way, why not sticky Lake's 066 oil pump thread(s), too ? For that matter, perhaps we should sticky everything Lake ever posted ? :laugh:

IMHO, that's what search is for.

"Beg for Manuals" and upcoming GTG's. Let the rest float.

I agree, how many ways can you mod a 361 muffler. :)

I think they need to keep the swap meet a sticky also though as it seem to be of help and intrest to alot of members.

I voted NO. I was hoping for a few more sticky's actually. I liked having the branded sticky's so that way it was very easy to keep track of them. I noticed the sticky's were gona last night browsing on my IPhone at work and was like WTF. Even for such a small screen they didnt bother me.

The only people "Boo HOOING" over the sticky's are the older folks with the coke bottle glasses and 12 year old monitors when 13" was HUGE. :chainsaw:

PUT THE STICKY"S BACK!!!! :cheers:

Yep I'm with you.

BTW who is the mod that decided to remove them?

I think they need to keep the swap meet a sticky also though as it seem to be of help and intrest to alot of members.

BTW who is the mod that decided to remove them?

I agree here, I liked the brand one. You dont' need a freaking muffler mod sticky. The refrence ones can go. That's why I thought it would be nice to have one spot in the chainsaw forum with all the ones that are wanted to be sticky's.

It was Stihlboy who unsticked them.

I vote no. The cool thing about having a choice is, well, you have a choice! Don't click on them if you don't want to read them. I usually check my cp first anyhow to see if someone has answered a question of mine or has commented on an issue I'm interested in. I particularly like when GTG threads are easy to find.

Latest posts

Back