Are there too many Sticky threads in the Chainsaw forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are there too many "sticky" threads in the Chainsaw forum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ok here, i think this will work.

6 stickies

if you need to mod a muffler use the search function

and faq umm yea never used that one and i doubt anyone did

faq thread was awesome

:agree2:

There was alot of info in the Fah-Q thread.

And I think alot of the other stickys, such as the muffler mod thread could have just been added to the FAQ and it would have saved room.

Or why cant we just have a sticky with links to each of the brand threads all in one thread labeled "chainsaw brand thread" :confused:

hey majority rules i can stick them back if you guys want

Good, put the brand specific ones back and leave them there, please. I don't own all of them, or have even ran all of them, but the knowledge gained from their devotees is precious in my mind anyway. If I get a Mac to work on or keep, I want to know from a Mac guy whats up with mine, not go through a bunch of threads of peeing matches about saw weights vs power vs how long my bar should be, or what saw should I buy. I've read most of the stickies, and will readily say my "Knack factor" has been increased for all saws. Eliminate the ads, not ArboristSite, you smart phone clowns, if you have a problem scrolling through the stickys. If you can't because all you got is Windows and IE, get some chrome from the google like the cool kids have and go, or deal with it.

Ya, I agree. I think the ebay/craigslist can go too.

That one is staying, lol. Look at the posts there, those used to be individual threads providing nothing but expired ebay and CL links to the search engine. It reduces clutter in chainsaw in a big way.

I voted NO. I like the saw brand specific sticky threads, and the GTG stickys.
The rest can go in my opinion. The GTG ones could be removed from sticky status after they occure.

:cheers:
Gregg,

What he said

That one is staying, lol. Look at the posts there, those used to be individual threads providing nothing but expired ebay and CL links to the search engine. It reduces clutter in chainsaw in a big way.

that one needs to be there too

Huh, who would have imagined that? Folks on a US chainsaw forum would have a interest in US branded chainsaws, including collectors models.

Sorry that you had to endure those three stickies all that time! I know it had to be painfull and a great inconvenience to have to scroll part way down a page.

Just so you know I will be voteing no anyway and not because you suggested it. We just happen to disagree on this point on the brand threads as I thought it was great to have them all, and I enjoyed visiting all of them.
BTW who is the mod that decided to remove them?

Imo the real question is why a thread needs to be a sticky!

I believe that status is for threads that expectedly often are visited to look up something, but more seldom posted in. The ones that often are posted in don't need to be stickys!

If so, all pages would - they are repeated at the top of every page!;)
Oh well - back to poor.
I get 7 lines of stickies and 4 lines of information on my netbook on every page.
Why can't we have a sticky for Stihl - factory in Virginia, John Deere?
If I could only parse all the stickies with ad-block it wouldn't matter.
If the sub-forum feature worked why not put all the stickies in a sticky sub-forum?
And on the poll do we need a certain status to vote?
How many votes are made by people that just registered to vote?

Imo the real question is why a thread needs to be a sticky!
I believe that status is for threads that expectedly often are visited to look up something, but more seldom posted in. The ones that often are posted in don't need to be stickys!

Because it increases the readability of the forums. How would it be if every time you logged in there were 10 threads for e-bay and cl to weed thru? Also, with the "brand" threads (for "vintage" brands anyway) it cuts down on a lot of threads to weed thru.

Because it increases the readability of the forums. How would it be if every time you logged in there were 10 threads for e-bay and cl to weed thru? Also, with the "brand" threads (for "vintage" brands anyway) it cuts down on a lot of threads to weed thru.

Some do, others don't. I agree on the Ebay/cl one! ;)

I never meant to say that all stickies should go, but too much of a good thing can be bad!

It is about finding the right balance! ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back