Are there too many Sticky threads in the Chainsaw forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are there too many "sticky" threads in the Chainsaw forum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That one is staying, lol. Look at the posts there, those used to be individual threads providing nothing but expired ebay and CL links to the search engine. It reduces clutter in chainsaw in a big way.

True, but that's also why it doesn't need a sticky. It'll say up probably on its own, but I'm one that never visits it.

I know a lot of people have decent size monitors, my best is a 30" in portrait mode. I've been stuck with a 10" netbook since July 4th :(
It would be great if we could choose not to display the stickies, as we don't have to display sigs or avatars.

But what about the super secret forums?
attachment.php

I've outlined the SS forum location. That blank didn't show up before this thread. Note it says in the description
Discuss all phases of hotsaws and timbersports.
, but there is no forum above it, just as it is when you click on the forum jump dropdown menu in the lower right corner of any forum.

Now it is all changed again, but I have said what I wanted to say - I agree with only part of the latest change. That is well known though, so I am not going to repeat what I already said! :givebeer:

Opinions obviously vary, and always will - I can live with any solution! :)

True, but that's also why it doesn't need a sticky. It'll say up probably on its own, but I'm one that never visits it.

No, it needs to be handy and at the top of chainsaw. It's a matter of practicality from a moderation stand point, i.e. no wasted time hunting for it.

Two other options could work to replace the sticky, the first being that no one puts up these soon to be dead links, which of course will not happen. The other option is to permanently ban those that do, probably not viable either :laugh:

Nothing like searching for 066 info and pulling up three pages of dead links to 066's that were listed for sale in the past in some town you don't live in. All those threads have (had) different titles, so hard to avoid opening. Now you search for saw info and you see all that under a single thread, it's easy to ignore that thread and check the other results.

Now it is all changed again, but I have said what I wanted to say - I agree with only part of the latest change. That is well known though, so I am not going to repeat what I already said! :givebeer:

Opinions obviously vary, and always will - I can live with any solution! :)

Good, glad you could live with it, because I just noticed the thread you started has become what you can't stand. A STICKY! :hmm3grin2orange::biggrinbounce2::laugh:

No, it needs to be handy and at the top of chainsaw. It's a matter of practicality from a moderation stand point, i.e. no wasted time hunting for it.

Two other options could work to replace the sticky, the first being that no one puts up these soon to be dead links, which of course will not happen. The other option is to permanently ban those that do, probably not viable either :laugh:

Nothing like searching for 066 info and pulling up three pages of dead links to 066's that were listed for sale in the past in some town you don't live in. All those threads have (had) different titles, so hard to avoid opening. Now you search for saw info and you see all that under a single thread, it's easy to ignore that thread and check the other results.

Ok, I agree, you win.

I voted to keep the stickes . . . somewhere else.

I'm in agreement that they need to be out of everyones way, but they do need to be easily accessable. I don't like wading through them but I'm still in the stage of checking on FAQ's about once or twice a week, sometimes more often. My true vote is to find a easily identified place for them & see how many utilize it. Betcha the newbies & those just needing a reference/refresher will flock to it.

Back