Aww man, he didn't SPLIT it for me!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerboybill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just got back from a neighbor's place with a trailer load of maple. He remodeled his house, and had taken down some large maples in the process. With all the wood I have at home, I wouldn't have gone and got it, but he said he was gonna roll it into the ditch and burn it in a bonfire if I didn't. Would be such a waste that I ran right over.

Got there with my big saws and see that he's already lumped up anything under 20" into 18" rounds. He left the trunk for my CS6700 with 24" bar and CS8000 with 36" bar. I lumped up the trunk and used his skid steer and my grapple bucket to load the big rounds (16 foot car hauler about 2 feet tall with firewood - almost too heavy).

I told him next time to have it split and stacked at my place for me. :msp_tongue: Anyone wanna come over, split it up, and stack it for me???

If anyone remembers, this is the same place I went to in 2011 and found a 1 inch by 3 inch tractor drawbar buried in the crotch of a yard tree...

Just got back from a neighbor's place with a trailer load of maple. He remodeled his house, and had taken down some large maples in the process. With all the wood I have at home, I wouldn't have gone and got it, but he said he was gonna roll it into the ditch and burn it in a bonfire if I didn't. Would be such a waste that I ran right over.

Got there with my big saws and see that he's already lumped up anything under 20" into 18" rounds. He left the trunk for my CS6700 with 24" bar and CS8000 with 36" bar. I lumped up the trunk and used his skid steer and my grapple bucket to load the big rounds (16 foot car hauler about 2 feet tall with firewood - almost too heavy).

I told him next time to have it split and stacked at my place for me. :msp_tongue: Anyone wanna come over, split it up, and stack it for me???

If anyone remembers, this is the same place I went to in 2011 and found a 1 inch by 3 inch tractor drawbar buried in the crotch of a yard tree...

WELL, at least you got a good drawbar out of it!!!!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back