Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I was in the shop and needed to sort out some big boxes of chain and master links I got a couple weeks ago...

After sorting through them, I found some BIG master links. Stuff that was definitely bigger than 404. Some seems to spec out to 1/2", some bigger than 1/2 and some between 404 & 1/2".

My question becomes does anyone know someone that might need these? Seems like I knew 3-4 guys looking for chain master links in these sizes but can't remember who. I will say some are a little rusty b/c they were sitting on the floor of a shop. Still pretty useable though I think.

Welded up the tensioner arm on the rear of the Kubota today. If you can see that???

6e55cf54518413a402e7890de2bcad58.jpg

The new looking bolts in pic above, are new! Bolts were MIA when I got it from PO since they took the roll bar off to fit in garage. So the roll bar is back on and now it won't fit in my garage either! It fits in the shop, but I plan to chop the roll bar and make it a foldable rops anyhow. Will also add tabs for LED flood lights too. Dang old incandescent head lights are behind bucket and dim at best... [emoji19]

7d769369446a81a26e5a52238682db8b.jpg

Now i see why the new ones i was looking at have folding roll bars ,never thought of home garage door ,how many horsepower is that model ,and does it use cat 1 attachments ?I am learning on tractors ,have a small kubota ,but would like a larger one some day .but be able to use same attachments .

Now i see why the new ones i was looking at have folding roll bars ,never thought of home garage door ,how many horsepower is that model ,and does it use cat 1 attachments ?I am learning on tractors ,have a small kubota ,but would like a larger one some day .but be able to use same attachments .
My rops will become foldable with LED lighting pretty soon... The one thing I don't get is that they split this one in the center on the top. Why not split the sides and make them foldable originally?? The only reason I need to get into the house garage is to drop pallets of firewood off, otherwise I wouldn't care.

The L2900 is 32hp and 25hp at PTO I think? It's the perfect size for our 12.5 acres. I would have gone smaller but my wood racks hold 2/3-3/4 cord. The only reason we got this one is b/c I found it cheap with 3pt attachments. Had to about fist fight another CL guy for it but I beat him to it.
ae4e93608a9311cc59e6d4d75ef7b9a3.jpg

So I was in the shop and needed to sort out some big boxes of chain and master links I got a couple weeks ago...

After sorting through them, I found some BIG master links. Stuff that was definitely bigger than 404. Some seems to spec out to 1/2", some bigger than 1/2 and some between 404 & 1/2".

My question becomes does anyone know someone that might need these? Seems like I knew 3-4 guys looking for chain master links in these sizes but can't remember who. I will say some are a little rusty b/c they were sitting on the floor of a shop. Still pretty useable though I think.
I think scallywag was looking for 1/2 straps.

I got 100' of 3/4 decent Windsor 404 058 semi chisel full comp chain too. If anyone has a need I'll never use that much... Yes I do actually run that chain on a 7900. You want to talk all day long chain without sharpening. This is it!

I said 3/4 decent b/c there are spots of frozen links from moisture. The really bad spot I cut off and tossed on the scrap metal pile.

Back