Baily's 6401

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The makita is contingent on the local dolmar dealer being good or not. I have yet to go to the local dealer and see what he is like. He was an excellent stihl dealer at one time but closed up shop for some reason.

If there was a home depo around me I would probably go the used route. I don't really need a big saw that often but this site has me convinced I do.

Looks that way, IF I were to go that route I would first check out my local H.D. stores. Now the P/C swap would be worth it.

So a used 6401 from HD, with a new 7900 P/C gets you a 79cc saw for under $400?

Am I following this right?

$250 at HD - depends which HD you go to.. (Hmmm... was this including or plus tax? ), $190 P&C plus shipping.. Sounds like $450 or so..

But I paid less than than for my perfect 660 ;)

$250 at HD - depends which HD you go to.. (Hmmm... was this including or plus tax? ), $190 P&C plus shipping.. Sounds like $450 or so..

But I paid less than than for my perfect 660 ;)

Yea, Ok i thought the H.D. saws were cheaper, Also one must think about the abuse that rental saw went threw.

Less then 450.00 for a perfect 660. :phone:

Yea, Ok i thought the H.D. saws were cheaper, Also one must think about the abuse that rental saw went threw.

Less then 450.00 for a perfect 660. :phone:

Way less ($400) and even less considering I got a big load of other stuff for free (chaps, helmet system, sack of chains used once, bar oil, files, etc..). That was a great day... Just doesn't happen every day..

The one I got is cherry....for $225 plus $190 for the kit, and a couple $ for a gasket..

who has IPL's for 6400 and 7900? Andy thinks the carbs might be different, or at least need to be adjusted or jetted differently. Makes sense, there's 11 cc difference.

I think the carbs are the same....I am sure you would just need to be a bit richer for the 7900 jug...

I don't really need a big saw that often but this site has me convinced I do.

Oh yeahhh!!!! now it's our fault!!!!!!!! you are buying more toys,,,,you dont need!!!! LMAO!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and I suppose WE make you come back and see whats going on everyday too???????? :notrolls2: :notrolls2: :notrolls2:

Way less ($400) and even less considering I got a big load of other stuff for free (chaps, helmet system, sack of chains used once, bar oil, files, etc..). That was a great day... Just doesn't happen every day..

What year?
What else did you have to do for the deal?

What year?
What else did you have to do for the deal?

;)

Bought in 2005, 066 - 2003... same as MS660.

All I had to do was buy his powder puff MS260-pro for $200, and a case, with spare chains..:clap: :clap: Sometimes you get lucky... I hit craigslist early one morning and was there 30 minutes later. I bet his phone rang for a month..

The only difference they have in carbs is that one is for US sales and the other is for outside the US market.

Oh yeahhh!!!! now it's our fault!!!!!!!! you are buying more toys,,,,you dont need!!!! LMAO!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and I suppose WE make you come back and see whats going on everyday too???????? :notrolls2: :notrolls2: :notrolls2:

Yes it is. i bet everytime someone registers here there is a voodoo doll made that is stapled to a printout of this site everyday. I am also convinced that I have the worst sources of fire wood ever cause my 16 inch bars rarely see fill cuts.

So the 6401 is exactly the same carb and jetting as a 7900? How do they maintain 1 turn out (assumption) calibration for both?

Exact same carburetor for all 3 models 64cc 73cc and 79cc. as far as the approx 1 turn setting and how they make it work ancient German secret lol.
But really, its not new to Dolmar they used the same carb in 60cc and 68 cc models for years and years.

Scott

Exact same carburetor for all 3 models 64cc 73cc and 79cc. as far as the approx 1 turn setting and how they make it work ancient German secret lol.
But really, its not new to Dolmar they used the same carb in 60cc and 68 cc models for years and years.

Scott

...and Husky with the 362xp and 372xp......;)

Scott

...and Husky with the 362xp and 372xp......;)

What about the 365 special Troll man!!!!!!
:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

The spec sheet he read didn't have the 365 written on it!!!:bang: :bang: :bang: :ices_rofl:

Back