Bar Oil Containers - diff fluid bottle alternatives??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like you would empty that bottle nearly every time you need to fill the saw. What the advantage in that? Seems like it would waste a lot of time trying to fill that bottle let alone the oil your going to spill filling it because the hole is smaller than the saw hole. Lol

Guess I thought the OP mentioned something about packing in the woods??? I usually fill up the saw before I leave the truck, duno about you? I take my oil bottle that's a waste of time along with a small VP can filled with my mix. I can cut plenty of wood on 3 tanks of fuel/bar oil

586408a.jpg

around here it is common to use the leftover oil jugs for fuel storage ,one oil ,one gas tied together

Guess I thought the OP mentioned something about packing in the woods??? I usually fill up the saw before I leave the truck, duno about you? I take my oil bottle that's a waste of time along with a small VP can filled with my mix. I can cut plenty of wood on 3 tanks of fuel/bar oil
I'm not familiar with packing gear in, like maintaining bike or snowmobile trails, where you can't drive to where you want to cut. If a guy always packed in a new quart of bar oil, it would always have the factory lock ring on the cap. If, at the end of the day, he didn't put all of it in the saw, I guess the partial bottle could potentially still leak while packing out tho. Never used the pre packaged fuel mix cans either, but being steel cans, I'd think the caps could be sufficiently tightened where they wouldn't leak. Could use a can for oil and one for mix.

I rememer a member here remark that since he got the dolmar 6100 he didn't need to pack anything anymore. One tankfull was for him one pickup truck (not sure if 3/4 or 1 ton) of wood. He couldn't load more so that was it for the end of the day. So maybe a large tank on a fuel sipping saw has it's merrits anyway.

I've used dishwashing soap bottles. Cheap and work well for getting in some of the smaller oil fill holes.
Truth is, I'm to the point anymore where one fuelings worth of cutting is usually enough for one session so the oil bottle doesn't make it to the woods as often as it used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried this last week. Works great. Time for you to try my way now:buttkick:
I can't cut everything I need in just 3 minutes like you. :laugh:
But seriously, when I actually go to the woods to cut its 4 hours minimum and I usually go through a tank of gas an hour (thats a guesstimate), or about 1 gal of fuel and half a gal of oil...

Back