Barber chair!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What you call a Coos Bay cut, i call a Box cut. I used this style cut 30 yrs, i fell about 500 to 700 trees a week, never had a chair using it.

I never used the bore cut or a wedge, i didn't own a wedge.

Must be nice always falling to the lean... :monkey:

Last edited:
I cut at an slight angle down from back to front.

Ahhh, the dreaded "farmers backcut". I hope you didn't glean that from a HBRN training video... :hmm3grin2orange:

I once cut a face notch then went to the back side to finish. The tree started moving kinda weird.

You need to leave holding wood for it to drop in the intended direction. If you cut through the hinge (especially at an angle) the tree can pivot.

I laid the saw, an 041 AV, down behind the tree to try and guide the tree by hand. As the tree fell it slide backward off the stump and onto my saw.

You never want to be standing behind the tree you are cutting, especially pushing on it. Get some wedges and drive them from the side to lift the tree over.

Must be nice always falling to the lean...

Yup...I'd like to have a job like that. What I usually get is "lay everything sidehill with the butts toward the landing" (duh...that's usually a forester talking) or "quarter the slope a little but keep the bigger stuff in lead" or, on a yarder side, "just drop 'em straight down the hill, keep everything inside the unit, buck as many 40s as you can...but don't bust anything up". :laugh: My reply is always the same..."we'll see how it goes."

Gee willikers boy, you got some panties wet or what ? It all depends..............
Poor Gologit , gets worked up sitting on his butt all day.
Anyhow, gotta be careful with this boy, he'll whine to mommie here if his feelings are hurt. I've been to his banned camp. :hmm3grin2orange:

Nice diagram, thanks. :msp_thumbup: We rarely use those cuts on our smaller Eastern trees, usually on leaners or rotten, with wedges. In fact, one of those is ripe for boring into the middle with wedges on either side directing the fall. Yes, "boring". No real name for that method...yet. Most of our hardwoods are too small DBH ( < 30" ) to get that fancy .

Nice to read some intelligent explanations, most who are able and willing to learn something new, and who don't have the baby need to name call. Thanks.

But, you are a moron. You've proved it over and over. We're all pretty much agreed on that. But that's okay...we don't expect much from you. We usually don't get much, either. Your comments in the Forestry threads showed that you don't know enough about trees, saws, technique, or anything else for us to take you seriously.

And, by the way, in one of your threads you spoke of being supported by the taxpayers, you even thanked them for it. Are you retired military? Retired civil service? Or are you just another welfare slacker with a substance abuse problem working a phony disability shuck?

If you're retired military, thank you for your service. I mean that. If you're a retired civil servant that means you hung right in there. That's admirable. If those don't apply, well...what can I say?

Must be nice always falling to the lean... :monkey:

Got any other suggestions??? :hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Ain't much art to these... Just alot of work... Not very glamorous...

End

But, you are a moron. You've proved it over and over. We're all pretty much agreed on that. But that's okay...we don't expect much from you. We usually don't get much, either. Your comments in the Forestry threads showed that you don't know enough about trees, saws, technique, or anything else for us to take you seriously.

And, by the way, in one of your threads you spoke of being supported by the taxpayers, you even thanked them for it. Are you retired military? Retired civil service? Or are you just another welfare slacker with a substance abuse problem working a phony disability shuck? SHUCK ?:msp_sneaky:

If you're retired military, thank you for your service. I mean that. If you're a retired civil servant that means you hung right in there. That's admirable. If those don't apply, well...what can I say?
Just don't say.

Sorry about your problems boy. So we'll look at your silly, childish responses. Unfortunate that your self esteem is so low that you have to sling this $#%@&.

Knowledge about "trees, saws, technique, or anything else.." If you were able to read with some intellect, most of my comments have been about WHAT I'VE LEARNED.
Understand ? Learned about what you've put up about your "pro" skills. Those pics of you and that tiny pooch look doctored. :hmm3grin2orange: You and a few similar fools found it fun to demean: 1.. learning and 2. Any technique other than what you know from the limited time in a limited part of the industry. Boring seemed to get you boys and girl all worked up...kinda sexual, huh ? You got real personal until challenged and had to whine about being abused. Poor baby. I'm being real careful here since you don't like getting out of the sandbox.

My background is private. None of anyone's business. Not yours, not online. You want to give your all: background, history of work, ANY mil service, any civil service, marriage, sexual preference:blob2:, and of course your SS number. And, I'm proud of what my careers ( that's plural ) have been. You want to know the full C.V. (look the phrase up )? Ask me.....privately.

No problems at all compared to yours. What's this need to put down ? There's the real problem. You can PM me for a referral.

Now back to what you call a Coos; read carefully. I asked what it was and how it's done. Ever didn't know anything ? No. You're a pro.

So here's what to do:
1. Press "ignore" and/or
2. Gologit--the real kind.
3. Get some cojones, the real kind. Be proud of what you have and do without the juvenille put-downs.

P.S. Don't ever thank anyone for "their service". Those who serve, serve. That phrase is one big B.S. with no meaning.

So end it here.

Just don't say.

Sorry about your problems boy. So we'll look at your silly, childish responses. Unfortunate that your self esteem is so low that you have to sling this $#%@&.

Knowledge about "trees, saws, technique, or anything else.." If you were able to read with some intellect, most of my comments have been about WHAT I'VE LEARNED.
Understand ? Learned about what you've put up about your "pro" skills. Those pics of you and that tiny pooch look doctored. :hmm3grin2orange: You and a few similar fools found it fun to demean: 1.. learning and 2. Any technique other than what you know from the limited time in a limited part of the industry. Boring seemed to get you boys and girl all worked up...kinda sexual, huh ? You got real personal until challenged and had to whine about being abused. Poor baby. I'm being real careful here since you don't like getting out of the sandbox.

My background is private. None of anyone's business. Not yours, not online. You want to give your all: background, history of work, ANY mil service, any civil service, marriage, sexual preference:blob2:, and of course your SS number. And, I'm proud of what my careers ( that's plural ) have been. You want to know the full C.V. (look the phrase up )? Ask me.....privately.

No problems at all compared to yours. What's this need to put down ? There's the real problem. You can PM me for a referral.

Now back to what you call a Coos; read carefully. I asked what it was and how it's done. Ever didn't know anything ? No. You're a pro.

So here's what to do:
1. Press "ignore" and/or
2. Gologit--the real kind.
3. Get some cojones, the real kind. Be proud of what you have and do without the juvenille put-downs.

P.S. Don't ever thank anyone for "their service". Those who serve, serve. That phrase is one big B.S. with no meaning.

So end it here.

Thanks for answering my questions. What you said, and what you refused to say, told us a lot. Good luck to you.

Those of us who still work for a living and pay taxes will continue to support people like you who seem to take great pride in the fact that they don't. You thanked us tax payers for supporting you. You're welcome.

And, as far as "ending it here"? I'll decide that because the day that I allow a cull like you to make my decisions for me will be a cold day in hell.

Last edited:

attachment.php

Thats a nice pic!
Only way I'd cut that, is if there is three strands of wire in it. :bang:
That would look cool covered in snow.

I have been one fortunate fool. I've never made a face cut and never had that happen.

Neat.

I've never needed to use the brakes on a car, nor used a seat belt. Small world. :msp_thumbup:

Gee willikers boy, you got some panties wet or what ? It all depends..............
Poor Gologit , gets worked up sitting on his butt all day...
...Nice to read some intelligent explanations, most who are able and willing to learn something new, and who don't have the baby need to name call. Thanks.

Seriously, shut the #### up. Learn from your superiors, or don't.

I never used the bore cut or a wedge, i didn't own a wedge.

That is exceptional. Point to you sir. I guess the rest of us peons should continue to use our ill conceived wedges, all the time striving to reach such lofty aspirations.

Am I taking crazy pills here? Did Arboristsite suddenly go retarded??

My score on this thread:

2 "You can't be serious?!?!"

1 Pissing Contest

1 Cut that I will be using on two leaning Red Oaks in the next couple weeks in lieu of the bore cut I had been considering.

My score on this thread:

2 "You can't be serious?!?!"

1 Pissing Contest

1 Cut that I will be using on two leaning Red Oaks in the next couple weeks in lieu of the bore cut I had been considering.
Yeah, I learned some useful stuff, in spite of the childishness.

attachment.php

LOL!!!
That's a picturesque fencerow. How'd ya kill off all the Blackberry brambles, Greenbrier, Poison Ivy, and grapevine?

That one is ready for chest high snippage and re-stringing.
Nice!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Thanks for answering my questions. What you said, and what you refused to say, told us a lot. Good luck to you.

NO QUESTIONS ANSWERED. NOTHING "SAID". NOTHING "REFUSED". The 'Told us' is your ASSume.

Those of us who still work for a living and pay taxes will continue to support people like you who seem to take great pride in the fact that they don't. You thanked us tax payers for supporting you. You're welcome.

And we know you're not on the dole, how ? You have a 1099 to show us ? And you "support people like you". More stupidity. :msp_confused:

And, as far as "ending it here"? I'll decide that because the day that I allow a cull like you to make my decisions for me will be a cold day in hell.

You're still mouthing lovlies boy. Now I'm a "cull". Whew. Better than a moron. Meaningless. Hell is coming. :cool2:

Neat.

I've never needed to use the brakes on a car, nor used a seat belt. Small world. :msp_thumbup:

Seriously, shut the #### up. Learn from your superiors, or don't.

WTF--Ok big fella, your attitude is no "superior". More stupidity. You need a spanking. When you have the cojones to tell someone to "shut the #### up", come to pappa. And those "superiors" are who and why ?

And all this from the sandbox of "professionals" ? And all because they have this serious thing about BORING and wedges ????
:msp_confused:

That is exceptional. Point to you sir. I guess the rest of us peons should continue to use our ill conceived wedges, all the time striving to reach such lofty aspirations.
Am I taking crazy pills here? Did Arboristsite suddenly go retarded?
?

No, just you sandbox people that are acting retarded. What emotions. Like a bunch of little girls fighting. "Seat belts, wedges, and boring": that's enough to get you fools worked up ? It's a get a life time.:msp_confused:

Time out. Butt: thanks for the sir though.

Now, can we get back to firewood and heating. These bloggers from the Forestry and Logging don't even use wood heat. Go back.

Last edited:
You're still mouthing lovlies boy. Now I'm a "cull". Whew. Better than a moron. Meaningless. Hell is coming. :cool2:

No, just you sandbox people that are acting retarded. What emotions. Like a bunch of little girls fighting. "Seat belts, wedges, and boring": that's enough to get you fools worked up ? It's a get a life time.:msp_confused:

Now, can we get back to firewood and heating. These bloggers from the Forestry and Logging don't even use wood heat. Go back.
What a donkeys behind everything you say is manuare. 20 years cuttin fire wood to make you the know all to end all just makes ya look stupid thinkin your an expert.
I believe your just a figmant of your web world imagination, add something constructive

"Sandbox people"?

Red is such a flattering color.

Latest posts

Back