beating a dead horse 441 vs ????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't start it who knows what the epa will have passed on down since the 660!

Good point there. I'll leave it be. I hope I live long enuf to say here boy, I've been saving this for 18 years to give ya. Should get quite a look out of his face, I better anyway,LOL

17, good grief, another soul owned by a saw, LOLOLOL. Well you have ran em both I assume, whats your take on the 372/441. I say the 441 is better built not that it matters where performance is concerned, they both run good.

They do both run good! I would go into battle with either. In my opinion the 441 seemed to cut more laser like than the proven 372 thats all I'm saying.

They do both run good! I would go into battle with either. In my opinion the 441 seemed to cut more laser like than the proven 372 thats all I'm saying.

Sounds fair to me. One thing is for certain , the Husky man is gonna grab that 372 and the Stihl man is gonna grab that 441, varity is the spice of life, I say its all good...

So what's your saw collection up to Thall?

Hmmmmmm, let me see here. 020T, 2-024's, 026, 036, 044, 046, 064, 031, 041, 051, 056, 361, 441, 660, 880, HT101, BR600, TS400, TS700 in the Stihl line up. Must admit I had a bunch more that I gave away.

One 372 Husky and two Dolmars, the 7900 and 5100.

Entirely too many saws,grrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Hmmmmmm, let me see here. 020T, 2-024's, 026, 036, 044, 046, 064, 031, 041, 051, 056, 361, 441, 660, 880, HT101, BR600, TS400, TS700 in the Stihl line up. Must admit I had a bunch more that I gave away.

One 372 Husky and two Dolmars, the 7900 and 5100.

Entirely too many saws,grrrrrrrrrrrrr....

How do you like that 7900? that saw has me very curios!

How do you like that 7900? that saw has me very curios!

Power to weight its one bad MOFO. I think that saw is 79cc putting it abit bigger than the 441,372 and 460. In the wood it struts its power. Oddly the 7900 is a powerhouse but I like the 5100 better. That little saw is one mean little moma. Both of them are runners bigtime. Dolmar should have much more of the market than they do. They build some good saws but they're marketing lags way behind Husky and Stihl. They got the equipment to run with anyone out there , they just need to grasp the market better than they do. I like both of mine.

Along with selling stihl and husky/jonsered we have a side deal with briggs and here in Canada they also sell...Dolmar.I might just have to break down and buy one!

Along with selling stihl and husky/jonsered we have a side deal with briggs and here in Canada they also sell...Dolmar.I might just have to break down and buy one!

Well if you like speed and power for thier size and weight they are hard to beat, in fact I don't think they can be beat CC for CC in stock form for power. Husky is bringing out a newer 346 in 50cc soon that may give the 5100 a run for its money but the 346 of right now, the 5100 is too much for it. Stihl is sticking with the old tried and true 260, they don't seem interested in blazing power for a 50cc saw, they take the durabilty and longvitiy approach and the 026/260 have sold them tons of saws over the years. They are due however for something new so they too may get in the power 50cc game soon.

What is your Favorite saw? Mine I would say 038 mag or 056 mag I love them older saws seem to have more torque.And I love shaming the 440 and 660 crowd.

Mine, you will laff, is the old 026. Old faithfull and Mr.Reliable. 12 years old, never seen a repair and has cut more wood than any saw I got. Its such a easy saw to use.

Whoa sorry jacking this thread!

Ha, this thread needed jacking. The 441/372 argument has been going on since the 441 hit the market. Some low life called the 441 the Prince of saws and the argument has been going on ever since. If you ever see that guy tell him I said Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,LOLOL

Mine, you will laff, is the old 026. Old faithfull and Mr.Reliable. 12 years old, never seen a repair and has cut more wood than any saw I got. Its such a easy saw to use.

That was actually my first saw got the whole thing rolling.Maybe that's my least favorite because of that.LOL!

I'm waiting for a 661 to come down the pipe!

I'm sure thats in the works. 2010 , only 2.5 years away, is to be from what I've heard, the end of dirty running small power equipment. If it turns out to be then yes all the good models we like today will be history and replaced.

I'm sure thats in the works. 2010 , only 2.5 years away, is to be from what I've heard, the end of dirty running small power equipment. If it turns out to be then yes all the good models we like today will be history and replaced.

Maybe it wil be like the 2 stroke dirt bikes and the good saws will become 4 strokes(cringe).

7900 Power to weight its one bad MOFO. I think that saw is 79cc putting it abit bigger than the 441,372 and 460. In the wood it struts its power. Oddly the 7900 is a powerhouse but I like the 5100 better. That little saw is one mean little moma. Both of them are runners bigtime. Dolmar should have much more of the market than they do. They build some good saws but they're marketing lags way behind Husky and Stihl. They got the equipment to run with anyone out there , they just need to grasp the market better than they do. I like both of mine.

Boy you got that right, If Dolmar had the marketing and parts and service of the Stihl's.
As a homeowner rec and storm clean up type cutter once. I had never heard of dolmar till I needed a part for a Poulan once at the dealer down the road.

The STOCK 7900 smack downs the 441,440,460,372,575. 7900 Cheapest money wise in most cases too or even with the 372 money wise. :clap:
http://www.dolmarpowerproducts.com/site/managed/html/produkt/4080/PS-7900

JMO nothing more, but make sure you got a good dealer network first.:dizzy:

Last edited:
my roomate runns a 440 and a 441 all day long building log homes. he hates the 441 and says the 440 is ten times the saw. the 441 is way harder to clean and when carvign logs your always cleaning out the saw. he runs these saws at constant WOT untill the gas runs out then fuels up and runs them again at WOT all day long. those saws get so hot you cant touch the plastic around the breake and muffler. the 440 is 6 years old and the 441 is 1 year old and you can feel the 440 has much better compression. it just seems that the 441 is not ergonomic or practical at all in comparison to the 440.
he is in the market for a new saw and is deffinatly going to go for the 372xp after using my 365 and 371.

Lasers don't touch the cutting source. If guess you're saying the 441 cuts wood without touching it? WOW! Perhaps, you're saying it's the new "Red Light" version, like the old 066?

You were starting to have credibility, and then a post like this. You pegged my BSMeter. If it can't be repaired, you owe me a new one.

As so it goes,

Joat

Oh, God, here we go taking things literally. What he meant is that it cuts fast, clean, and straight. Mine cuts like that. :dizzy:

Last edited:
Back