Best 50-60cc Husky saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I go fiddling with unproven technology I will stay with the old proven saws. I cut many trees with old technology with only one problem. I dont want to have a saw fail with a few tons of tree above my head. Especially when it counts most. I got a family to come home to. Later when all is well I will reconsider. My 346s have my trust like no other in that range of saw. I trust my life with them as they never failed.

maybe this will help you to decide,,, my 346xp after mastermind did his magic on it

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0DppGwFHYyg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For the bar, I saw some had the Tech Lite or something or other, not the standard Husky bar. I'd like to purchase the best there is, so a 569 XP w/ 20" TL is what you recommend?

The Tech Lite bar is noticeably lighter than the standard bar and very high quality!

I have a 20" TL bar on mine. Super Nice combo!

Before I go fiddling with unproven technology I will stay with the old proven saws. I cut many trees with old technology with only one problem. I dont want to have a saw fail with a few tons of tree above my head. Especially when it counts most. I got a family to come home to. Later when all is well I will reconsider. My 346s have my trust like no other in that range of saw. I trust my life with them as they never failed.

I still consider both my 346s' my favorite saws! :rock:

346xp is the Best 50cc

562xp is the Best 60cc

562xp is the Best for 3/8" 20"

555 is a good one if you want to save a few bucks over the 562xp.

:agree2:

Well put, I agree!! 346 would be my first choice for limbing and climbing work but the 562 will do a much better job bucking and using 20" 3/8 chain. The 562 is also the best handling, most nimble 60cc class saw I have run yet.

Last edited:
I bought a 562 about a month ago and my 346 hasnt seen much use since then. I would say the 562 is much quicker stock limbing and bucking than the 346. My go to saw the use to be my 576 auto but in anyting under 10" theres only a difference in weight not speed . I run a 18" sugi hara bar and dont see any reason not to run a 20" on it. When chain is spent I will be changing it over to a 20" b/c so I dont have to reach as far limbing.

The Tech Lite bar is noticeably lighter than the standard bar and very high quality!

I have a 20" TL bar on mine. Super Nice combo!

I'm sure it is :msp_smile: - but I'm not sure the TechLite is much lighter than a laminated bar, if at all.....:msp_confused:

I'm sure it is :msp_smile: - but I'm not sure the TechLite is much lighter than a laminated bar, if at all.....:msp_confused:

Is there a laminated Husky bar in the large mount? All I have to compare is a solid Husky 20" and a Oregon power match 20". The Tech Lite is much lighter than both.

Don't wanna jinx a perfectly good thread, but where are the stihl heads? Just sayin... Russ
And oh yeah, 562XP!!!

Put a stihl chain on that 346 from Murph, so there, you got a stihl head response. Need to switch the husky bars to .050 so you can use the stihl chain :clap::clap::clap::clap:

That 346 vid is pretty impressive, pushing hard and no bogging on what looks like petrified osage orange, that is cool!!!!

Thanks for the info Don. The 359 is a nice, proven design, but for 100$ more you can have a 562XP. I would have collected returnables on the road side to make that happen if I had too. I bought my 562 and promised to sell my 359 asap. Then I told the wife I needed it as a backup saw. All of a sudden I had a 6'1" redhead flipping out and threatening to write a craigslist ad.
I sold it to a good friend who promised to sell it back to me. Then he moved to pennsylvania:(:(:(. Russ

Put a stihl chain on that 346 from Murph, so there, you got a stihl head response. Need to switch the husky bars to .050 so you can use the stihl chain :clap::clap::clap::clap:

That 346 vid is pretty impressive, pushing hard and no bogging on what looks like petrified osage orange, that is cool!!!!

I buy lots of .058" Stihl chain here. No need to go .050". :msp_wink:

Thanks for the info Don. The 359 is a nice, proven design, but for 100$ more you can have a 562XP. I would have collected returnables on the road side to make that happen if I had too. I bought my 562 and promised to sell my 359 asap. Then I told the wife I needed it as a backup saw. All of a sudden I had a 6'1" redhead flipping out and threatening to write a craigslist ad.
I sold it to a good friend who promised to sell it back to me. Then he moved to pennsylvania:(:(:(. Russ

Just save yer pennies for a 346xp and you'll forget about that 359!!! :msp_wink:

Latest posts

Back