Best 50cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of a 346 that needed a carb swap to get it to run right! Come to think of it, I've never heard of a 346 that a non-adjustable carb on it!!! Face it, the 346 IS a better saw in that class. The way I see it, if the 260 was a superior saw then we'd be seeing a lot more threads making that claim. But we're not! Instead it's the other way around. By far the majority of discussion with regards to 50cc saws revolves around the rave reviews of the 346. For good reason too! The majority of us can't all be wrong.

What company sells the most fast food hamburgers ?
I suppose that means the "majority" of the people buy them over other brands..
does that mean the majority is correct ??
the "majority" of people voted for whats his name also,,nuff said on THAT LOL !!
get the point ??

MSRP on the Echo 530 $469.99
MSRP on the 346xp $489.95-509.95
Seems too close to me to say 'considerable' when you take in to account if it needs work. I'm not bashing the Echo, I know they make some really nice stuff but I personally don't see a savings or an advantage. To each their own :cheers:.
-Chris

Yeah I know, I own Huskys and Stihls as well so I'm not being a basher either but still $20 is $20 They are more than $20 higher here though.

What company sells the most fast food hamburgers ?
I suppose that means the "majority" of the people buy them over other brands..
does that mean the majority is correct ??
the "majority" of people voted for whats his name also,,nuff said on THAT LOL !!
get the point ??

That's a very poor analogy. Could it be that they have the most restaurants as well seeing as how their company set up shop decades ahead of the competition?:dizzy: Now as far as
One

Big
Azz
Mistake
America goes. I'm right there with ya on that one!!!;)

Last edited:
If you are paying more then MSRP, then that dealer should be sending you out the door with "Extras", but that's my feeling. I got my 346 at msrp, but was given a case, 2 stroke oil, and a spare chain to boot. if your local shops are jacking the price and wont give you any "preferred treatment/items" Ebay the item. I got my 570 there from a vendor in FL, free shipping and I had a coupon that saved me close to $100 right there.

Not to refire this thread up but....

I'm gunna anyway. Ok so you Stihl Guys had me thinkin I was crazy so I did some cutting today. I only took 2 saws, 346xp and ms260. Well to be honest I love that little 260 to death, but I just can't find a single place where it beats the 346, and very few that it keeps up. I thought that the Saw Troll was heaping it on when he said that the 346 handles so much better and has better balance blah blah blah. But after cutting with both side by side for a while, and paying close attention to those things I agree almost completely with Saw Troll on this one. For the money IMO the 346 is the way to go.

I'm gunna anyway. Ok so you Stihl Guys had me thinkin I was crazy so I did some cutting today. I only took 2 saws, 346xp and ms260. Well to be honest I love that little 260 to death, but I just can't find a single place where it beats the 346, and very few that it keeps up. I thought that the Saw Troll was heaping it on when he said that the 346 handles so much better and has better balance blah blah blah. But after cutting with both side by side for a while, and paying close attention to those things I agree almost completely with Saw Troll on this one. For the money IMO the 346 is the way to go.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: :sword:

If you are paying more then MSRP, then that dealer should be sending you out the door with "Extras", but that's my feeling. I got my 346 at msrp, but was given a case, 2 stroke oil, and a spare chain to boot. if your local shops are jacking the price and wont give you any "preferred treatment/items" Ebay the item. I got my 570 there from a vendor in FL, free shipping and I had a coupon that saved me close to $100 right there.

I can get the echo 530 for $430 if I drive to Chicago to do it (or online) and the 346 is $490 at the same place (Wise). Local 260pro's are $520. That's significant savings there. Point is, the 530 has done real well by me for less than the others.

Last edited:

Thanks, there just are a few members here that never will see the light, regardless how bright it gets!! :cheers:

Never heard of a 346 that needed a carb swap to get it to run right! Come to think of it, I've never heard of a 346 that a non-adjustable carb on it!!! Face it, the 346 IS a better saw in that class. The way I see it, if the 260 was a superior saw then we'd be seeing a lot more threads making that claim. But we're not! Instead it's the other way around. By far the majority of discussion with regards to 50cc saws revolves around the rave reviews of the 346. For good reason too! The majority of us can't all be wrong.

That debate really was over on here in 2003 or so, when the 346xp still was 45cc and the US MS260 still was rated at 3.5hp......:cheers:

I got husqvarna blood in my veins. Im going to get a 346 to go along with my 372, But i can get a 510 dolmar for 349.00+tax. The 346 is going to cost 509.00+tax. Oh well, I cant take it with me.:cheers:

Sure, but by other standards it is too heavy, too bulky, and built like a "homeowner" saw, not like a pro saw - sorry to say so!

It sure can do very good work for many years anyway, but is nowhere near the best 50cc saws.[/QUO

...............................Saw Snob!

just bought a echo cs520 a month ago and that is now the saw i use all the time.

Latest posts

Back