Best 50cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was already mentioned, the MS260 and soon the MS261 will take over.:clap:

This is how u can tell there is absolutely no objectivity present. The saw is not even available in yet and already its the best. Will it be a good saw? Most likely. Will it be a better saw than the 346 or 5100? Maybe. You might maintain some credibility if you waited untill u have had one in your hands to claim its the best.
:dizzy:

This is how u can tell there is absolutely no objectivity present. The saw is not even available in yet and already its the best. Will it be a good saw? Most likely. Will it be a better saw than the 346 or 5100? Maybe. You might maintain some credibility if you waited untill u have had one in your hands to claim its the best.
:dizzy:

Well no #### Sherlock. That post was a reply to Troll....

And I've heard enough users of the 261 to know it will be a hit. Don't worry, I'll rub it in when I get my hands on one.:D

Well no #### Sherlock. That post was a reply to Troll....

And I've heard enough users of the 261 to know it will be a hit. Don't worry, I'll rub it in when I get my hands on one.:D

Thats my point, you haven't and you already are. I hope its a good runner, I was even thinking about plunking down the coin for one if there are not any problems, which I'm sure there wont be Dr. Watson.

Hopefully the 261 is better than my snail 026. I did a muff mod to it and it still doesnt come close to my 346:cry:

Thats my point, you haven't and you already are. I hope its a good runner, I was even thinking about plunking down the coin for one if there are not any problems, which I'm sure there wont be Dr. Watson.

A bit worried are we? LOL, the 346 had it's time. All good things must end, RIP 440!!!:cry:

A bit worried are we? LOL, the 346 had it's time. All good things must end, RIP 440!!!:cry:

What would we be worried about? I know this is a new concept to you :hmm3grin2orange:but I don't have the poverbial "dog in the fight." The 346 and the 260 are both great saws IMO, if the 261 is a "better" saw then so be it! I have been looking around at the stratos trying to decide which one I want. No particular hole to fill just in the "I want a new saw" mood, maybe this will be the one. :cheers:

The best 50cc saw of all time, no doubt the 028 Woodboss Stihl, how many hundred thousand were built. One of the most durable, hard working saws for it's size, there are faster cutting saws, but none as dependable day in day out. I like my 346xpne, but I'd rather have a nib 028 super. I believe the Stihl will still be going long,long after the 346 has shot craps. Mine is over thirty and has never had anything done to it but have one spark plug installed, and it's cut a hell of a lot of wood, more than most homeowners would cut in ten lifetimes. It's also cleaned out numerous fencerows, cut ice on frozen ponds for livestock and just been used to death and stihl runs like the day I bought it. The 346 is sexier, faster, but dosen't hold a candle to this classic.

The best 50cc saw of all time, no doubt the 028 Woodboss Stihl, how many hundred thousand were built. One of the most durable, hard working saws for it's size, there are faster cutting saws, but none as dependable day in day out. I like my 346xpne, but I'd rather have a nib 028 super. I believe the Stihl will still be going long,long after the 346 has shot craps. Mine is over thirty and has never had anything done to it but have one spark plug installed, and it's cut a hell of a lot of wood, more than most homeowners would cut in ten lifetimes. It's also cleaned out numerous fencerows, cut ice on frozen ponds for livestock and just been used to death and stihl runs like the day I bought it. The 346 is sexier, faster, but dosen't hold a candle to this classic.

OK the 028 Super and the XL-12. Both great saws.

Latest posts

Back