Best fuel can?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2dogs

2dogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
About 2 years ago I bought two Stihl white piggyback (Dolmar) gas cans. You might be able to see them in this image of a log jam we were clearing. They have been terrible! The last two weeks I have been working in the Sierras at about 6000 feet, mild weather in the upper 80s and low 90s. The cans balloon and crush more than any other piggyback cans I have used. The plastic is too thin and in addition the cap threads are rounded and don't seal well. One thing that has amazed me is that since the can is almost clear I can see how long I have to shake the can to completely mix the oil into the gasoline. I never shook a can long enough till then.

I store my bulk saw mix in 5 gallon Eagle cans from Bailey's but I would like to upgrade to cans with a roll bar build in to protect the handle. I haven't yet because they cost about $200.00 each! I feel these CARB approved self venting cans are the safest cans made.

Brush Ape

Brush Ape

The Port Authority
Thanks guys, I went and bought a No Spill today. I had one of those Stihl combo cans from long ago but can't remember what became of it. Wasn't that great but better than these newer ventless ones for sure.

You did get the coupon, didn't you? When I got my no-spill can, I mailed in the coupon and four to six weeks later Jill comes over and walks on your back.

stihlx8

stihlx8

New member but not that new
No-Spill all the way! have several they are great. one is 10 years old and still works great. Makes the other cans look like the junk they are. some farm and home stores are starting to carry them at better prices.

XSKIER

XSKIER

Addicted to ArboristSite
Has anyone tried the diesel can? Does it have a bigger spout to flow the more viscous fluid quickly? I've been using a vent free kerosene can for the last few years, but it's for sure inadequate.

woodf
W

woodf

kmb640x480_zps059de95b.jpg~original

AuerX

AuerX

constantly confused
No-Spill all the way! have several they are great. one is 10 years old and still works great. Makes the other cans look like the junk they are. some farm and home stores are starting to carry them at better prices.

My Husqvarna/Echo and Stihl dealers both carry them.

WVhunter

WVhunter

ArboristSite Operative
I've got the 1.25 No Spill can for mix. REALLY handy. I've wondered how one would work for bar oil. I could pour a whole gallon jug in it.
I would say it would work fine. I used to put bar oil in one of those Tide laundry bottles, same basic design with the button and spout. They were thin plastic though, good idea, might give it a try. ;)

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
. AS Supporting Member.
I just checked on E-Bay and see that the No-Spill gas can prices are all over the place.

We just got back from vacation about a week ago, and while on the road, we stopped and I recall seeing the 2.5 gal. No-Spill gas can on sale for $15.95.

I had no idea that it was a really good price. I could have bought two for the price some charge on E-Bay for just one. :confused:

Latest posts